Roundtop Mountain Resort
|Vertical drop:||600 feet|
|Longest run:||4,100 feet|
Roundtop Mountain Resort is located in Lewisberry, Pennsylvania, due north of Baltimore, Maryland. Roundtop has been around for many years and continues to offer convenient skiing for folks in the Baltimore/D.C. area. Roundtop was one of the first ski resorts in the area to offer tubing, where skiers can shed their skis and slide down a hill in an inner tube. In 2008, Roundtop added a new covered Magic Carpet lift to its tubing park.
Like all resorts in the area, Roundtop is lit for night skiing. For snowboarders, Roundtop offers a half-pipe and a Snowboard Park. Roundtop offers 4- and 8-hour flex tickets.
Roundtop, Liberty, and Whitetail are now under the same management, after Snow Time, Inc. purchased Whitetail during the fall of 1999. Skier discount cards and season passes are transferable among the three resorts.
Roundtop offers 16 trails, served by 10 chairlifts. Some of Roundtop’s trails wind down the mountain, in contrast with straight-down slopes common at many Mid-Atlantic resorts.
Roundtop Mountain Resort changed its name from Ski Roundtop in 2010, recognizing its continuing adoption of year-round activities such as Roundtop Mountain Adventures.
Getting to Roundtop Mountain Resort
|Wind Speed:||7 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Nov 28, 2015 at 8 am
|-" base|| of 19 trails open
of 9 lifts open
News about Roundtop
- November 16, 2015 - It’s not too easy to run a ski resort in the Mid-Atlantic. Some winters bring banner amounts of snow, while others bring 70-degree days in the middle of January. With natural snow a wild card for all but the highest-elevation resorts, local ski areas live or die based on the amount of artificial snow they can make — and that requires low temperatures and low humidity. With another El Niño weather pattern settling into place, long-range forecasts suggest this could be a challenging winter for many Mid-Atlantic skiers and resorts.
- September 19, 2015 - It’s Fall, which means the ski season is just around the corner. Numerous resorts and ski shops throughout the Mid-Atlantic region offer “Ski Swaps” during the Fall, providing a chance to buy or sell used snowsports equipment. DCSki takes a look at some upcoming Swaps.
- January 12, 2015 - Ed Fowler swung by Pennsylvania’s Roundtop Mountain Resort on Sunday, January 11, 2015, where a Demo Day was underway and light crowds enjoyed 100% packed powder coverage. Ed provides this Firsthand Report.
- November 27, 2014 - The 2014-2015 ski season is about to kick off. While many people will be hitting the stores on Black Friday, diehard skiers and snowboarders will be pointing their cars away from the shopping malls and towards the mountains — where they’ll find a variety of ski resorts launching their winter season.
- October 26, 2014 - Connie Lawn and Charles Sneiderman swung by Liberty Mountain’s Annual Fall Festival on October 19, 2014. They provide this Firsthand Report.
No future events at this time.
Note: Webcam images may not be up to date.
Forum Topics Related to Roundtop
Updated 9 months ago by rbrtlav
Updated 9 months ago by skiracerx
Updated 9 months ago by snowsmith
Updated one year ago by MephitBlue
Updated one year ago by AndyGene
Updated one year ago by JimK
Updated one year ago
Updated 2 years ago by snowglobe
Updated 2 years ago by snowglobe
Updated 2 years ago by mikev