Who Is Sliding Where This Weekend?
22 posts
19 users
4k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 27, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I am planning to take a "snow day" this Friday and go to 7Springs Thursday afternoon to take advantage of their great deal for a night of lodging and an evening and day on the slopes. Saturday I will go elsewhere, perhaps Timberline or Wisp. And I would really like to catch up with a few of my fellow DCSkiers somewhere. So, here is the poll: Where Are You Planning On Sliding Jan 30-Feb 1?
The Colonel
Clay
January 27, 2009
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
I think I will be at Timberline this weekend. The last three weeks have been strange - I've been here during the week (here now) but have had other commitments on the weekend. I'm beginning to forget what a lift line looks like grin
David
January 27, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I'll be skiing/teaching at Timberline from Friday til who knows when.... If the snow is good I may just wait til April... smile smile
GRK
January 27, 2009
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
I will be skiing 3 times this weekend:

Sat: Stowe
Sun: Stowe
Mon: Stowe

Junior Ski Partner and I are psyched! I need some guidance but do not want to hijack your thread so I will post my questions elsewhere.

GRK
skier219
January 28, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Heading to Snowshoe with my wife Sunday night through Wednesday. Looked like a good time to get out there while the gettin is good. And I am seeing rumblings of a possible snow event early next week, which wouldn't hurt!

I am also planning to Ski Wintergreen on Friday of this week. I am hoping by then they will have gotten over the rain/ice/snow mix from Mon-Tues-Weds.
GGNagy
January 29, 2009
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
507 posts
I'll probably be at WT saturday night. Gold jacket and very 80's magenta-y neon ski poles.
BushwackerinPA
January 29, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
so 4 people at Hidden valley this weekend?

who are you?
Abe
January 29, 2009
Member since 11/14/2008 🔗
366 posts
I'll be at Snowshoe Saturday and Sunday...
SkiBoarder
January 29, 2009
Member since 05/22/2006 🔗
44 posts
BushwackerinPA,

My family and I will be there Friday and Saturday. Hoping to have some fun doing the Dad-Mom-Toddler skiing tomorrow. The little one loves the Bumps/Tables on Continental.
MichaelME
January 29, 2009
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
32 posts
Wintergreen Friday. Any freehealers?
cjf242
January 29, 2009
Member since 11/10/2003 🔗
30 posts
Wow been a while since I posted. I think the wife and I are going to head up to Whitetail. Hopeing that the game this weekend will keep some people home in Sunday smile
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I had to change my plans due to a bad day at the office today. Hope to leave in morning for Friday afternoon at Canaan, then Sat & Sun at Timberline.
Who else going to TL? I'll probably be wearing my black, grey and white upper ski jacket and helmet with an Alta sticker.
Would enjoy catching up with a couple of DCSkiers!
Meet at top of lifts by ski patrol building at 1030 on Sat???
The Colonel smile
guyforget
January 30, 2009
Member since 01/20/2009 🔗
24 posts
Sunday @ Canaan
Monday @ TLine
lmmlaw
January 30, 2009
Member since 03/3/2008 🔗
18 posts
Originally Posted By: BushwackerinPA
so 4 people at Hidden valley this weekend?

who are you?

We're season passholders (although hindered this winter by some unplanned home improvement "projects") and are heading over for the day on Sunday. Only husband and kidlet are skiing. We wanted to take advantage of the comparative heat wave that will be going through and the fact that it should be pretty deserted with the Super Bowl. Went last weekend and while the skiing was great, it was FREEZING.

I get to hang out in the lodge. The joys of being pregnant and having no center of gravity during ski season wink
SCWVA
January 30, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I'm going sliding this weekend, but it will be at Great Wolf Lodge!
Alpine Hokie
January 30, 2009
Member since 01/30/2009 🔗
14 posts
I'll be at Timberline Saturday and Sunday. Is Canaan Valley worth checking out for an intermediate skier?
ridenski - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 04/11/2004 🔗
82 posts
Hoping for Telepalooza Sunday at 7 Springs.
guyforget
January 30, 2009
Member since 01/20/2009 🔗
24 posts
I prefer TLine but Canaan is definitely worth checking out, especially if you think the black/double blacks from the top of TLine are too tough.

Originally Posted By: Alpine Hokie
I'll be at Timberline Saturday and Sunday. Is Canaan Valley worth checking out for an intermediate skier?

I dont know if itll save you any money or not, but you can buy the ski the valley pass at a ticket window at either resort for $95 and go back and forth between the two all weekend.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 30, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,989 posts
Originally Posted By: guyforget
I prefer TLine but Canaan is definitely worth checking out, especially if you think the black/double blacks from the top of TLine are too tough.

I dont know if itll save you any money or not, but you can buy the ski the valley pass at a ticket window at either resort for $95 and go back and forth between the two all weekend.

Good comments.

I skied Timberline and CV last weekend using the Ski the Valley pass. CV is definitely worth it for imtermediates to check out, especially since conditions have greatly improved there in recent weeks. It's less crowded with a faster main chairlift for racking up ski mileage, has good intermediate terrain, very nice low-intermediate run called Timber Trail, and has a better beginner hill. Of course, T-Line is great and offers more extensive advanced type skiing.
I have a trip report coming soon on my visit.
RSparer
January 30, 2009
Member since 12/27/2001 🔗
13 posts
I am heading off to the Aspen/Snowmass area with maybe a brief day at Beaver Creek. Try Liberty ( where I volunteer). Because we have a east/west exposure instead of a southern (Whitetail) we keep our snow better and it doesn't melt and freeze as much.I was at Whitetail this past Sunday and was not to impressed.The next day i was at Liberty and the snow was better. Go early!~
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,041 posts
I was going to Blue Knob tomorrow but maybe going to the Springs on Super Sunday. I'll be back home in time for the game.

Weekends are family days since I've been laid off, I got time for big boy skiing weekdays. My boy is home from school today so skiing might be in doubt, at least for son and wife.
Alpine Hokie
January 30, 2009
Member since 01/30/2009 🔗
14 posts
Originally Posted By: guyforget

Thanks, I think I'll try the pass. I loved TLine when I was there 2 weeks ago, and I was trying to convince myself to check CV out. Skied the blacks at TLine no problem, but didn't attempt the double blacks. That place is fantastic!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.