Who is going where this weekend?
36 posts
20 users
10k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 14, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Webcam shows the guns are blasting the white stuff at WISP! I checked other webcams and saw nothing blowing at 9:43pm. Seven Springs expect to make snow for the next 4 days, with natural snow tomorrow!

The Colonel \:\)
TravisR
December 14, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
Were in the rain tomorrow here in SWVA....grrr...Winterplace is closed...Snowshoe is too far to fit in this weekend...my hill is green...I'll be home.
bawalker
December 14, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Wisp is really hurting after that rain last weekend. I can't believe mainstreet was utterly wiped clean when I was there on Sat to what I saw on Monday. Although I know they can pump out the snow so I'm not worried that they can't recover.
Clay
December 15, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Timberline was blowing when we got here around 23:00.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
PaulR
December 15, 2007
Member since 02/10/2006 🔗
34 posts
I'm going to Snowshoe tomorrow. I need to go up to do some work on my place up there so if the conditions are decent then that is a bonus :). I'll let you all know how it is...

-Paul
David
December 15, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I am thinking about going up and checking out Wisp on Monday if the conditions look like they will favorable. I'm heading to NYC on Tues. for a couple of days. It's gonna be hard to be that close and not be able to go the rest of the way up and ski that pow pow that's coming down up north. Stupid Doctor Apts.....
scootertig
December 15, 2007
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
I was hoping for liberty, I may go to Whitetail, but I think Wisp is too far. It looks like the season-opening ski day may be postponed by a week. Unless, that is, there's enough inclement weather to close my office on Monday, in which case I'll get a rare weekday opportunity to head out... Hoping for tomorrow, but we'll see what happens.

aaron
kimmie
December 15, 2007
Member since 12/14/2007 🔗
17 posts
snowshoe--but not till wednesday. Have to at least get some work done \:\)
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
December 15, 2007
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Unfortunately for me, my season probably won't start until the week of Christmas. I'd love to be at Hidden Valley's grand opening but holiday and house chores and family demand attention. Sucks to be a responsible adult. I did manage to get my youngest set up with skis and boots for the season but he'd rather play flag football at the Y today.
SkiBumMSP
December 15, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
The only place I am going it to a Christmas party that I was invited at in Southern Maryland, so obviously, no skiing for me. I wanted to go to Massanutten last weekend, but due to the ice and rain, I was not going to chance it up there that Friday night so I can be there for Saturday morning (especially with the tires going bad on my car - I finally got some new tires put on yesterday).

So it looks like the first time I'll finally get to go skiing will be next weekend (provided the conditions are still somewhat decent). Unfortunatly, I am not going to get to go to Seven Springs over Christmas. I was going to visit my brother over Christmas, but last Friday, the apartment building he lives in caught on fire. The fire started in the bedroom of the apartment directly below his - they think it was due to an electrical short.
David
December 15, 2007
2,444 posts
Gee...Everyone must be skiing today but me. I feel lonely around here. 0 regestered members in the past few hours. I guess someone needed to stay back and hold the fort down. I hope you all are having fun!!! \:\) \:\)
fishnski
December 15, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Hey I'll come out & play...you want to play with me david? ...I just back from x-mas shopping & I got to go find an advil to pop into my wallet...its Illin!
crunchy
December 15, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: David
Gee...Everyone must be skiing today but me. I feel lonely around here. 0 regestered members in the past few hours. I guess someone needed to stay back and hold the fort down. I hope you all are having fun!!! \:\) \:\)

having fun but not skiing here! tline had 4 green trails open according to their website this morning. if all my ski's weren't in canaan, i'd be making a b-line for VT \:\( lesson learned.. keep a pair of sticks at the casa here!
David
December 15, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: crunchy
if all my ski's weren't in canaan, i'd be making a b-line for VT \:\( lesson learned.. keep a pair of sticks at the casa here!

I know what ya mean. If you want to meet me somewhere off of 95 or 87 outside of NYC on Thursday I'd be more than happy to ride up to VT with ya. You'll just have to swing closer my way whenever you decide you want to head home (classes start back on Jan. 14th for me, so I am good to stay until the 13th) ......
David
December 15, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
Hey I'll come out & play...you want to play with me david? ...

That sounds like something off of "To Catch a Predator". I have been itchin' to get in the mtns and do some trout fishing. You ever seen a trout there saltwater boy??
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
December 15, 2007
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
Not this weekend, but on thursday and friday will be at Snowshoe with two kids. hoping for some good terrain by then. I am the tall one with the beard, the green ground jacket, and the longish red skis, give me a shout.
fishnski
December 15, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Yeh Budro...speckled trout & Grey trout..They fry up good!..."whatever you can do I can do better"....throw me some hate!..Have i told you How much i luv ya latley?
skier219
December 15, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
crunchman, you know you need to have at least one pair of skis ready with minuteman status! Shame on you. I have three pairs of skis waxed and ready to go right next to my garage door, along with a few cases of beer and some duct tape. I just have to remember the poles and boots!

I'm ready for a January trip to VT as soon as somebody invites me to their fabulous Vermont ski house. [silence] Oh wait, I don't know anybody with a ski house! I am thinking about heading up to Sugarbush and MRG sometime this winter, maybe even early-mid January if the conditions continue to be good. We should plan a DCski trip up there. I want to see you guys straight-line the ledges and waterfalls at MRG with me.... (that's where the beer and duct tape come into play)
David
December 16, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
Yeh Budro...speckled trout & Grey trout..They fry up good!..."whatever you can do I can do better"....throw me some hate!..Have i told you How much i luv ya latley?

Aww...I am blushing now ... Looks like all the trout around here got plenty of water coming through now. If this stupid rain ever stops it will make for some goooood fishing....listen to me. I should be saying if this rain turns to snow it will make for some goooood skiing...what has gotten into me?

BTW, I can't help but love you too man......
David
December 16, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: skier219
I am thinking about heading up to Sugarbush and MRG sometime this winter, maybe even early-mid January if the conditions continue to be good. We should plan a DCski trip up there. I want to see you guys straight-line the ledges and waterfalls at MRG with me.... (that's where the beer and duct tape come into play)

Hey, like I told the Crunch man, I have to go back to class on the 14th. My whole crew bailed on me for this year. This early Jan. looks like it will be 15 times better than when I was up there last year. A last minute DCSki trip sounds like an awesome idea. Just don't plan on seeing me straight-line any waterfalls......
skier219
December 16, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Well, you can't turn so there's only one option -- gun the boards downhill! Actually, I won't even ski that stuff anymore unless there's 3 feet of fresh powder, in which case it's like jumping around in piles of pillows, and a lot of fun.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
December 17, 2007
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I am going to VT to be with my daughter & family for Christmas and do some skiing. \:\) Son is also coming. Grandsons 10, 7, 4. Actually the little guy will be 4 on the 21st. He will be starting his 3rd full season on skis. Correction has already started. They all have passes at Mad River and the kids are in the kids development program. They go every Sat. all day with the same instructor and same group of kids. The big kids are planning a tour in the Stowe backcountry on Sun. We will do the Steeple, off of the ridge accessed from the Stowe touring center. Prospects look good. http://www.uvm.edu/skivt-l/?Page=.%2Fdepths.html&dir=. After that no specific plans but more skiing will be done.
skier219
December 18, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I am going to shoot for a trip to the Mad River Valley of VT during the weekdays of Jan 7-11 or Jan 14-18, which will be combined with a visit to my folks in CT. The particular week will hinge on my progress at work over the holidays, and maybe weather too. I will know for sure around January 1. I would be staying in Waitsfield and plan to ski primarily Sugarbush with a day or two at MRG. If anybody can meet up there, I would be glad to show you around Sugarbush and also rediscover MRG (been a long time for me). I ski at level 8 or so, and generally ski blue and black trails at Sugarbush, and maybe double blacks if the snow is good and I know I won't kill myself.
crunchy
December 18, 2007
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: skier219
If anybody can meet up there, I would be glad to show you around Sugarbush and also rediscover MRG (been a long time for me).

does this include splitting lodging or floor space tho? \:\)
skier219
December 18, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Sure! I was going to get a small hotel room at the Wait Farm Inn or Golden Lion for about $80 a night, but I think we can get a 2BR condo at The Garrison for about $140-170 a night and split that, or a three for a few more bucks. Off-mountain lodging is pretty cheap during weekdays, and it's all within 5-10 minutes of Sugarbush and MRG. There are a lot of options up there.

The only thing I can't split is transportation up to VT, because I will be visiting my folks for a couple days on the front and/or back end of the trip.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
December 19, 2007
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I am scheduled to take a clinic at Snowshoe on the 12/13 weekend so I won't be going to VT at either of these times. Would be glad to offer MRG suggestions if you wish. I'm a shareholder and have probably skied >50 days there.
JohnL
December 19, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Saturday and Sunday: Jay Peak or Mad River or Sugarbush, depending upon weather and conditions. First days out this year. After an epic December, Sunday and Monday don't look promising MRG Weather Blog

I'll likely be road-tripping to Vermont the week before President's Weekend (Feb 11-15) and the week before Easter (Mar 17-21). If anyone will be in Vermont at those times, I wouldn't mind hooking up for some turns.
crunchy
December 19, 2007
596 posts
this weekend i guess ill be at tline or cv area. altho the excitement factor is kinda low right now about it because I dragged my feet about making arrangements to be at alta/bird this week, since nobody is renting my buddies families house this week, so i had a place to stay right there, and they are in the middle of a nice dumpage right now and of course he sent pics to rub it in. \:\(
SCWVA
December 19, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
 Originally Posted By: crunchy
this weekend i guess ill be at tline or cv area. altho the excitement factor is kinda low right now about it because I dragged my feet about making arrangements to be at alta/bird this week, since nobody is renting my buddies families house this week, so i had a place to stay right there, and they are in the middle of a nice dumpage right now and of course he sent pics to rub it in. \:\(

Crunchy, never drag your feet.

I'm flying out to Utah in the am. I'll take some pictures of the dumpage for you personally.

December 19, 2007
2,038 posts
Big maybe for 7S this weekend for my first day out. It's tough to get out before the holidays, too much yet to do but if the gang meets Epic's Cirquerider on his visit, I'm going play hooky and go play.

HV is on my list, maybe New Years day before the hang overs come out.
Taylormatt
December 20, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Saturday could be the day at 7S LHC. Rain is moving in for Sunday and the new Gunnar chair's Grand Opening is this weekend, so most of the backside should be opening up tomorrow or Sat AM. Haven't heard from Cirque yet, but I'll be there Sat-Mon.
jimmy
December 21, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Looks like i'll be at 7 Springs Saturday. Christmas party Friday night don't know if I'll make a 9:00 am line up but would like to meet da bears ;\) .
SkiBoarder
December 21, 2007
Member since 05/22/2006 🔗
44 posts
Will be at HV next week. Planning to hit 7S also - probably Thurs or Fri. Staying at HV through the New Year.
December 21, 2007
2,038 posts
 Originally Posted By: jimmy
Looks like i'll be at 7 Springs Saturday. Christmas party Friday night don't know if I'll make a 9:00 am line up but would like to meet da bears ;\) .
 Originally Posted By: Taylormatt
Saturday could be the day at 7S LHC. Rain is moving in for Sunday and the new Gunnar chair's Grand Opening is this weekend, so most of the backside should be opening up tomorrow or Sat AM. Haven't heard from Cirque yet, but I'll be there Sat-Mon.

See yunz at the six pack or around the Goggle about 9 am. I got your numbers. I'll be sliver/gray helmet, scraggy pony tail and glasses. Grungy blue jacket and K2 Recons.
Taylormatt
December 21, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
I'll be at the base 6 for 9am loading. I have this meet as well as other friends that I have not skied with in awhile and the 2 brother in laws and nieces all coming together tomorrow. I'll be bouncing all over the place. On top of that, I'm still waiting for ski school to tag me even though I'm not scheduled to work for the first time ever. Rob knows me to see me and I'm sure I'll find you guys somewhere, sometime during the day. It would be good to meet Cirque and it's been awhile since we made turns Rob.
scootertig
December 22, 2007
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
Well, after 2 weeks of shattered plans, we're headed to Whitetail tomorrow. I read the TR from there today, and we're going in spite of that. Next weekend will be in Vermont (Bolton Valley and Smugglers Notch, I think), and we've got new equipment. I figured we should test out the boots here before we go up north, in case there are any last-minute changes to be made...

Here's to my official beginning of the 07-08 ski season. My primary objective at this point is to get 10 days on the snow before the Colorado trip in February. Considering I have a grand total of 7 days on skis (not counting grass skis) in my life, that would be a major coup...

aaron
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.