Any on the scene reports of conditions at TL?
8 posts
5 users
2k+ views
skier219
March 28, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I am thinking about skiing there on Friday, but the trail count has been dropping daily. Anybody been there mid-week this week that can report?

They report lower salamander closed but OTW still open, so I imagine at least part of lower salamander must still be skiable.

Of the remaining trails, I am wondering which ones have the strongest bases and the most chance of staying open. I'd like to ski at least a few black trails to make it a good trip, and blue cruisers would be nice too.

There will be a freeze each of the next three nights, which ought to help the snow a little, but the warm temps this week have probably taken their toll (and some of you regulars were reporting visible melting last weekend!).

thanks,
Craig
jimboc
March 29, 2007
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
timberline cam back up this morning - you can get a good feel from some of those pics.......
skier219
March 29, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Yeah, I have been watching it; the snow looked OK this morning but is messy right now. They have not updated the snow report on the website and the snow phone message seems to be at least a week old, so I called the main number. 22 trails open (including The Drop and OTW) and 80% grooming overnight.
Girlboarder247
March 29, 2007
Member since 01/2/2007 🔗
110 posts
The webcam seems to show some dirt chicken inhabiting grounds on White Out...this weekend should be fun.
Clay
March 30, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Wow! White Lightning really pulled back last week, didn't it?

Clay
Clay
March 30, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Quote:

Yeah, I have been watching it; the snow looked OK this morning but is messy right now. They have not updated the snow report on the website and the snow phone message seems to be at least a week old, so I called the main number. 22 trails open (including The Drop and OTW) and 80% grooming overnight.

You must have woken somebody up - they updated the snow report today. Good job!

Clay
skier219
March 30, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Must have been all the nerdy questions!
SCWVA
March 31, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Skied Tline on Friday. Crystal clear blue skies and soft snow. Everything that is open has a huge base. There was only one brown spot on lower Sally. They should have fixed that last night. Everything had been groomed expect the Drop. The Drop had a few bumps and lots of big soft whales. The bump/whale contest today should be fun.

Hopefully, the rain holds off or passes quickly becuse I may head up there on Sunday.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.