Hey, do I Know You?
22 posts
14 users
3k+ views
jimmy
August 8, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
HEY where's everybody been? Awlfully quiet around here lately .

JohnL wrote:

Quote:

Yes and no. I've skied with johnfmh, crush, comprex, tommo, jimmy, jimk, wgo, tromano, sheena, denis, skierguy. I've also met rogerz, but lift failure prevented us from skiing together. Also met aaron. Hopefully, I'm not forgetting anyone.

So me, I've skied with or met the following dcskiers; Crush, the Colonel, kwillg6, wvrocks, Swimmer, tommo, jimK, johnL, tgd, tromano, heather, LMV, Tucker and i hope i'm not forgetting anyone.

The chancest (chancest isn't a word, is it) meeting had to be tromano, met him in the lift line at 7 Springs, recognized him from his picture from blue knob being posted the week before, i said "Hi Tim, i'm Jimmy", we skied several runs, had some lunch, what a nice guy.

But wait, then there was, this march, the last bus out of BCC, we got on at Brighton, bus stops at Solitude and none other than JohnL climbs in. He, comprex, rogerZ and i had been trying unsucessfully to connect all week and John and i end up on the same bus the last(mine) day of the week.

So hey, who do you know?
BushwackerinPA
August 8, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
first person I have meet from this board was Mr hazmat, only person I have ever skied with was Crush at alta. I know have skied with a couple bears, and a tons of Maggots though.
kennedy
August 8, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I've ridden with Crush. Honestly Crush is like the key link between most people on this board. Kind of like 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon, you can usually link yourself to anyone on this board in one move via Crush. Why???? Because he's the man and we are all big time moochers on his time.
warren
August 8, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Jimmy,
You and I met VERY briefly at T-line I think two years ago. Unfortunately, that's been the only time.
06/07 is a new season with more opportunities

-Warren-
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
jimmy
August 8, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Right you are, as i recall you were trying to carry six cafeteria trays up the stairs, keep track of your daughter and find a table in a full house all at the same time. 06/07, big plans, can't wait, see you then.
SCWVA
August 8, 2006
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I've only knowingly skied/boarded with one member of DCSki. (:^O)>>>

He'll remain anonymous, but he's probably lurking right now!

I was up at Tline for the Snowy Luau this year, so I might have been standing right next to a bunch of DCskiers without even knowing it.
Clay
August 8, 2006
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
As far as I know, I've never skied with any DCSkiers, but two weekends ago I met kwillig and the Mrs. up at T-Line. I also met a bunch of nice folks who very well could be DCSkiers without me knowing it

Next I need to hook up with them on the slopes!

Clay
JimK - DCSki Columnist
August 8, 2006
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
I've skied with about a half dozen and met with another half dozen or more.
The thing we need to do is hook up with the elusive M. Scott Smith. Jimmy, what can we offer to entice him to a rendezvous on the slopes next year...free food, drinks, limo service home after a 3 hour apres ski party session??
Scott - DCSki Editor
August 8, 2006
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,251 posts
Quote:

I've skied with about a half dozen and met with another half dozen or more.
The thing we need to do is hook up with the elusive M. Scott Smith. Jimmy, what can we offer to entice him to a rendezvous on the slopes next year...free food, drinks, limo service home after a 3 hour apres ski party session??

<Chuckle.> Sometimes I think I only exist conceptually.

Some day this winter I'll pick a time and date to swing by Whitetail, and we'll see how many DCSki'ers we can get to rendezvous there.
bawalker
August 8, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
It's going on 3 years for me and I've yet to actually ski/ride with any DCskier's yet.
tgd
August 9, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
I've just skied with Jimmy so far - including some awesome runs in a snowstorm and one whaling expedition.

Tom
BushwackerinPA
August 9, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

I've ridden with Crush. Honestly Crush is like the key link between most people on this board. Kind of like 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon, you can usually link yourself to anyone on this board in one move via Crush. Why???? Because he's the man and we are all big time moochers on his time.

you know whats really funny his name on my phone is Crush not eric. I guess there will be 2 Utards this coming season I am going to find it humous that I will probably meet more of you this season when I am 1800 mils farther away.
kennedy
August 9, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
You'll be hearing from me.
jimmy
August 9, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

????

apres ski

3hr apres ski

3 hr apres ski

3 HOUR APRES SKI
kwillg6
August 9, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,067 posts
Hmmmm.... Apres ski, huh. That means winter beer not the summer stuff I drink in Aughotest! Meanwhile, back at the homestead and dreaming linked turns is velvet smooth snow.... I need a cold shower just thinking of it. Here's to the rebirth of the whales!
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
August 9, 2006
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,041 posts
I've skied with comprex at an EpicSki event at Stowe a few seasons back. I missed him at a hastily organized meeting at 7 Springs last season that was inspired by Bushwacker who failed to show also. I've skied with Taylormatt. I've met LMV and Heather.
BushwackerinPA
August 9, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
scratch I forgot I have meet Taylormatt and heather before. Heather actually hooked me up 3 seasons ago with 7S tickets:).

also as for the epic springs meeting I had to work...... this year I do have most weekend off.
comprex
August 9, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
my momentary impression mantra:

Physicsman mostly teaches. (I have yet to see him ski)
LH Crazie is smoooooooth. (And mellow!)
Rodsmith notices things. (He just does. In a good way.)
Crush is Rabbit-quick. (In bumps too, owch)
tromano goes all out. (best 8s and 7S terrain cruising )
JohnL is on PRs. (And makes 'em look like real skis)
RogerZ the goggle tan man.
Sheena learns FAST. (and can easily handle a 3 hr Apres Ski)
August 9, 2006
2,041 posts
Hey Bushwack, I'm just yanking your chain. I didn't make the event either and I badgered a lot of the bears into showing up with repeated PMs.

I think we should all try to pick a date and location and announce on both sites for a combined DCSki and Epic Gathering. Knocking around our little hills with a high energy crowd really makes the local season.
August 9, 2006
2,041 posts
Thanks for the compliment, comprex. I thought your skiing was great and your enthusiasm high. You seemed a little down on yourself, or at least more determined to improve after coaching by stuc but we both pale when compared to perfection.
BushwackerinPA
August 10, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

Hey Bushwack, I'm just yanking your chain. I didn't make the event either and I badgered a lot of the bears into showing up with repeated PMs.

I think we should all try to pick a date and location and announce on both sites for a combined DCSki and Epic Gathering. Knocking around our little hills with a high energy crowd really makes the local season.

If we open up near Thanksgiving I am in, that the only time I will be home this season.
tromano
August 17, 2006
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I hav skied wih many DCSki peeps and a few bears too. 2 Years ago I meet up with a number of DCskiers for an epic tree ski fest at Tline (save the whales), Johnl, Johnfmh, Dennis, WGO, and I know I am forgetting some people. Then I also skied with jimmy last season at 7S and comprex and some other bears at 7S also last spring. Its always a blast sking with cool people.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?