Any DCskiers gonna be in Lake Tahoe 2/23 to 2/28?
4 posts
4 users
SCWVA
February 15, 2006
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I'm heading out to Tahoe on Feb. 23. Anybody else going to be in Tahoe at the same time?

Our tentative plans are:

Friday - Heavenly
Saturday - Alpine Meadows
Sunday - Squaw
Monday - Favorite from above or Sugarbowl.

Has anybody else been to Tahoe or these ski areas before?
Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.
Coach13
February 15, 2006
Member since 12/16/2003 🔗
56 posts
No...I won't be, but I wish I was.
tomimcmillar
February 16, 2006
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
Quote:

I'm heading out to Tahoe on Feb. 23. Anybody else going to be in Tahoe at the same time?

Our tentative plans are:

Friday - Heavenly
Saturday - Alpine Meadows
Sunday - Squaw
Monday - Favorite from above or Sugarbowl.

Has anybody else been to Tahoe or these ski areas before?
Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Spent a day at Alpine last year and will be back. Try to get out the High Traverse, lots of fun out there. Also found fun lines the other direction out towards Estelle Bowl and Scott's Chute had some gnarly steep & icey bumps on it when we were there, it's in the morning shade so it goes to corn late in the day. Oh yeah, make sure to take a ride on the Lakeview Chair, the name says it all, sweet ride for a chairlift. It also serves some nice blues, bumped or groomed, lunch at the Ice Bar at the base of the Sherwood chair......March can't get here soon enough! Pics from Alpine are here: Alpine Meadows Pics

Looks like you're gonna hit a decent weather pattern, I'm headin out for the week of 3/4-3/11. If you do hit it in a corn cycle, just follow the sun around the mountain, the corn ripens around 9:30ish from what I've been reading recently, when it overcooks it gets heavvvvvvy.

Have you considered Kirkwood for your day 4 option? Or maybe Mt Rose? I'll be at Alpine to spectate the finals of the Telemark freeski big mountain comp on the 5th, then headin into the bc, maybe ride lifts one other day at Rose, Kirkwood or Homewood....staying with a buddy out there, so gonna capitalize on the local knowledge.

Enjoy!

Tomi
snowcone
February 16, 2006
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
We're at Tahoe 3/5 thru 3/12; probably do mostly Heavenly and Squaw, maybe Kirkwood?

Know all about the -heavy- corn. Hit that at Squaw 4 years ago. Man was that miserable work! By the time we got to the base I was beat; I went thru 2 Bloody Mary's [vitamins ya know!] in about 5 minutes flat to recouperate and didn't begin to feel human until late in the 3rd. Sure hope we have better luck this time!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?