Tahoe Bound
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
SeaRide
January 11, 2005
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
237 posts
Ready or not .. I am going to Tahoe during Jan 20-25. During the last couple weeks, there has been alot of snow dumps around Tahoe which made me happy at times and other times I am praying for a storm break.

I don't know whether I like being out on the pow pow under the sunny blue bird days or the dreary cloudy snowy days.

I will try many different resorts around Tahoe. Again, it depends on the hwy 89 condition being open all the way. Same with the hwy to Kirkwood.

I forget who else here on DCSKI forum is going to Tahoe during MLK weekend or during the month of January?
mrhazmat
January 11, 2005
Member since 12/7/2000 🔗
47 posts
Excellent Searide! I'm going mid march and will be very interested in your reviews. I plan on skiing Heavenly primarily but would like to do a couple of other areas such as Kirkwood and Sierra-At-Tahoe also. Have fun, at least I know there will still be snow out there even in March.

Later,
Doug
powderpig
January 13, 2005
Member since 12/5/2003 🔗
63 posts
I just got back from Tahoe, skied Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The snowpack is DEEP, I almost got swallowed up by a tree well. I managed to sneak into the basin about 10 hours after the higway (Rt. 50) opened up and I was rewarded with some of the most epic conditions of my life. It cleared up on Wednesday and is supposed to stay clear out there for a while. Bring your sunscreen and lookout for a full trip report tomorrow...when Im supposed to be working.

-Pig

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?