Discount lift tickets to local ski areas?
6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 13, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
This year it doesn't look like Ski Chalet is offering those advance purchase discount lift tickets? They used to offer tickets to several local areas from their check-out counters. Anybody know for sure if this is gone? Any other local ski shops have a similar offer?
Thanks.
SCWVA
December 15, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I bought discount SS tickets at Ski Chalet last season. I believe they said that they use to sell tickets to other resorts, but don't anymore.

Alpine Ski Shop sells discount tickets to Wintergreen, Blue Knob, & Snowshoe. When I spoke with them the other day, they were waiting on the actual ticket coupons from SS. The tickets had been ordered and they were waiting on them to arrive.
gatkinso
December 15, 2005
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
FYI: Haven't seen any local resorts but sometimes Expedia sells discounted tix to bigger places.
jess
December 15, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
2 posts
$2 tix @ Ski Chalet:
Jan 5th @ T-Line
Jan 19th @ Wisp

Check here for other Wisp discount days
http://www.skiwisp.com/winter_events.htm[/url]
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 15, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
Quote:

Alpine Ski Shop sells discount tickets to Wintergreen, Blue Knob, & Snowshoe. When I spoke with them the other day, they were waiting on the actual ticket coupons from SS. The tickets had been ordered and they were waiting on them to arrive.

Thanks, good tip on Alpine. They sell adult 8hr weekend/holiday tic to Blue Knob for $34. Prices are lower for weekdays, halfdays and juniors. Didn't ask about other areas. Must buy tics in advance at shop. Alpine phone is 703-444-7844.
Does SCW stand for Ski Club of Wash? You going to be at Seven Springs on New Years?
SCWVA
December 21, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Quote:

Does SCW stand for Ski Club of Wash? You going to be at Seven Springs on New Years?

Nope, but I usually like to ski on New Year Eve at 7S. You can ski all day and still be back to NoVa by 9am for the festivities. Plus there's usually no crowds on New Years Eve.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?