King Sooper-type Question
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
twin58
February 6, 2003
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
I thought it was really neat that, in Denver, one could buy lift tickets in advance at local grocery stores such as King Sooper and Safeway. Even better was that you could save a few bucks in the process. Are there any stores in DC or MD that sell discounted lift tickets?

Ski Chalet used to sell tickets for Liberty Mountain and Whitetail, but I think that practice is history. What about other local ski/board shops? Princeton? Under the Sun? Anyone?

(Anonymous)
February 6, 2003
Snowshoe sells discounted lift tickets in Roanoke, Va at CMT sporting good. They may also do this elsewhere.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 7, 2003
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
Ski Chalet shops still offer significant discounts on tickets to Blue Knob, Wintergreen, Massanutten and Snowshoe.

Excerpt from a First Hand Report I wrote for DCSki on a recent visit to Blue Knob: I have found that no-frills Blue Knob also represents a bit of a bargain. We were permitted to buy our lift tickets for the 1-5 p.m. session about 30 minutes early and were also able to continue to ski about 30 minutes extra at the end of the session. They cost $34 for adults and $25 for juniors 12 and under. Incidentally, with a little more foresight I could have prepurchased full day weekend/holiday tickets for Blue Knob at any area Ski Chalet store for $32/adults, $24/juniors. Check www.skichalet.com for more details and other discounted lift ticket offers.

BTW: the weekday discount ticket is quite a bit less than price quoted above.

TBONE
February 7, 2003
Member since 01/20/2003 🔗
15 posts
Here are some details for the durring the week thuff. The knob has good deals durring the week the Ski challet price is $24 for adult midweek all day liff ticket. Also each day of the week is a special when you can get adult tickets for child prices ($23 all day) at the Knob. Tuesday is mens day. Ladies day is like tuesday & thursday. It think there is liek a college day and some others.
twin58
February 7, 2003
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
>>
Ski Chalet shops still offer significant discounts on tickets to Blue Knob, Wintergreen, Massanutten and Snowshoe.
<<

I hadn't seen them at the Ski Chalet website earlier, but, prompted by what you said, I searched a little harder and found them at
http://www.skichalet.com/2002/ski/specials.shtml

>>
BLUE KNOB
Weekday - Regular: $30 ($23 Jr/Sr), Ski Chalet Rate: $24 ($19 Jr/Sr)
Weekend - Regular: $40 ($30 Jr/Sr), Ski Chalet Rate: $32 ($24 Jr/Sr)

MASSANUTTEN
Weekday - Regular: $33, Ski Chalet Rate: $25
Weekend - Regular: $47, Ski Chalet Rate: $39

SNOWSHOE MOUNTAIN
Weekday - Regular: $45 ($30 Jr), Ski Chalet Rate: $35 ($20 Jr)
Weekend - Regular: $53 ($35 Jr), Ski Chalet Rate: $48 ($30 Jr)

WINTERGREEN
Weekday - Regular: $37 ($30 Jr/Sr), Ski Chalet Rate: $30 ($24 Jr/Sr)
Weekend - Regular: $49 ($39 Jr/Sr), Ski Chalet Rate: $41 ($32 Jr/Sr)
<<

I'm sorry that WT and LM tix are no longer available there. Alpine, in Oakton VA, used to sell tickets for Massanutten at the very least. It may still.
http://www.alpineskishop.com/

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.