Ski Chalet and Discount Lift Tickets
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
Kahuna613
December 16, 2004
Member since 11/20/2003 🔗
56 posts
Do they no longer offer them? I couldn't find anything about them on their website.
tskski
December 16, 2004
Member since 03/13/2003 🔗
122 posts
I stopped at Ski Chalet in Richmond to get lift tickets for demo day at SS and I picked up a flyer listing the discounted voucher price for SS but didn't see any others. You'll save $12 on the lift tickets at SS. I think they have others also.
kennedy
December 17, 2004
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I would call them directly about lift tickets and I would do it soon. Those things do not last long. Just a note of caution though pay very close attention to what they give you. We had situation on our trip last year where a bunch of people in my group picked up their lift coupons in advance, got to the ticket window at Snowshoe to redeem them only to find out that they were student only tickets, they ended up having to buy full priced tickets instead. On the upside they call Ski Chalet after we got back tore them a new one and got their money back. BTW any coupons you do not use can be returned for a full refund as long as they are still in season so if you are not sure if you are going to ski on your departure day buy a coupon anyway and you can return it later.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 17, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
You're right, I couldn't find mention of the discount lift ticket program on their website either. Like Kennedy said, call or email them with the question That was a nice program to have when other discounts failed.
Here's a short term offer I heard about from Blue Knob: Holiday six-packs now on sale until Christmas, $150 gets you six lift tickets, good for any single session of skiing/boarding, including weekends and holidays thru 2004-05 season. Use 1 tic six times, or bring 5 friends and use them all at once. This represents a $10 savings off the weekend/holiday rate of $40 per ticket (which is pretty cheap to begin with). Call Blue Knob at 800-458-3403 or 814-239-5111 for more details.
TOMF
December 17, 2004
Member since 11/17/2003 🔗
60 posts
Ski Chalet now sells vouchers for reduced-price lift tickets at Snowshoe in its Chantilly and Richmond stores only. They are a pretty good deal. However, you have to be very careful to specify student/adult, weekend/weekday, and holiday/nonholiday. There are so many combinations that its easy for you or the sales person to make a mistake. However, I too have been able to return unused vouchers to Ski Chalet and get my money back.

Tom

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.