best for kids
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
(Anonymous)
February 8, 2000
I have 4 kids all under 10.We are looking for a ski area that has tubing and tobagining
Any suggestions thanks
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 10, 2000
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Depending on where you live, if Va suburbs, you might try Massanutten. they have a large and popular tubing area. Canaan Valley ski area in W. Va has a smaller one. If you live in MD I think nearby Ski Liberty has tubing? Fish around this website, a number of the local areas offer tubing, it should tell you exactly which areas. I'm not sure about Tobogganing, it's more likely that you'll find that offered at a few resort/lodge facilities nearby the ski areas.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 10, 2000
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
actually it may be that Roundtop has tubing rather than liberty?
Jim
February 10, 2000
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Yup - Roundtop has tubing. Liberty does not - yet. I believe the issue is being reviewed by management to determine whether there is demand and where to put it, if offered. Probably won't be until next season at the very earliest.

snobrdr
February 10, 2000
Member since 02/4/2000 🔗
11 posts
Canaan Valley has tubing and near-by Black Water Falls State Park has a sled run with warming hut, and lifts.
(Anonymous)
March 21, 2000
One of the best places for families, if you are willing to drive a couple hours and plan on spending a couple days is Snowshoe/Silver Creek(SC). SC offers a large tubing hill, with relatively short lines on the weekend, and their hours also include night tubing. If you have some real little ones and plan to do something with the older ones, they have a nice daycare facility too($5.00 per hr). Have a safe one!
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?