Where should my family go?
6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 8, 2002
My husband and I want to take the kids (7 and 4) for a long weekend. They've never skied and it's been a while for us. We were thinking about tubing. Any suggestions for the md/va/w va/pa area? We want to keep their interest but not overwhelm them too much. thanks
Rich
January 8, 2002
Member since 11/30/2000 🔗
194 posts
One name comes to mind: Canaan Valley Resort. Family oriented. Wide trails, new base lodge. Hotel has everything in-house: pool, hot tub, resturant, game room, bar/lounge, etc. I guarantee the kids can pet a deer! Easy drive. Now, Snowshoe is more up scale, more resturants, much bigger, condos & townhouses...if you don't mind the additional drive. They have an entire family/kid oriented ski area w/hotel also. Best of both worlds. Canaan is, however, less intimidating, closer, and laid back. Check out their web sites.
ski_guy_59
January 8, 2002
Member since 11/9/2001 🔗
221 posts
as far as i've heard, canaan has been up a creek this year, literally. Snowshoe is a little bit on the expensive side, especially because it is still peak season. I would suggest going to Timberline, Winterplace, or blue knob. have fun and enjoy all the lake affect POW!!!
(Anonymous)
January 8, 2002
Check out Wisp as well. They have a brand new snow tubing park. They aren't too far from the highway.

http://www.skiwisp.com/

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 8, 2002
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Snowshoe or 7 Springs. See the DCSki profiles for more information.
(Anonymous)
January 11, 2002
Seven Springs is excellent for families - snow tubing, and lodge has many activities, bowling, roller skating, ect.. We did the horse sleigh ride through the woods last year and it was awesome. One of our favorite resorts in the mid atlantic region for skiing and family activities.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.