Some T-Line News
9 posts
7 users
2k+ views
Kris
October 12, 2009
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
Just heard on the radio on my way in today that T-Line is sponsoring the Davis and Elkins College Ski Team this year. That means earlier opening, earlier snow making, and more trails.

Now I'll believe it when I see it. But they were talking about teams from up MD, NY, VT, and PA all have earlier seasons than the WV crew and they can train longer. So TL agreed to start snow making as early as possible for as long as possible.

I'll try and find a link somewhere, im sure its in the elkins paper...
fishnski
October 12, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Kris
October 12, 2009
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
thanks, saved me some time searching...
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 12, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Unfortunately I do not see anything that portends an early openning...same as last year when D&E trained at Timberland???
The Colonel smile
Rickh
October 13, 2009
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
Sitting at the bar in Timbers pub Sunday a few of the staff still said Dec. 10th.
David
October 13, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I'm jealous. Why can't I be sitting in Timbers right now?? Watching the snow fly and thinking about what an awesome day I just had and what an awesome day I will have tomorrow. Dang....I'm really going to miss that this year. frown frown

Anywho, I digress......
SCWVA
October 19, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I'm not sure how long this has been posted on Tline's website, but I figured I'd share it.

Snowmaking
Timberline has now been granted permanent access to water for snowmaking from the Blackwater River. Together with water from Spruce Island Lake, the dual water supply gives adequate water to supply the recently installed new guns and, importantly, assures water for expansion of the ski area.

Night Lighting on White Lightning
The recently widened trail will now have significantly improved night lighting due to newly installed lighting.

Glade Skiing
Another unique feature of Timberline is its glade skiing terrain. Over the past two summers significant expansions and improvement in glade skiing areas has been done.

Is this old news?

Wonder which glades have been worked on? Cherry Bowl glades or just the usual spots?
kwillg6
October 19, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
It's all old news. It's one of the ways they want to have the public think they are doing new or better things to enhance your skiing experience. I find it amusing.
David
October 19, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
How many years now have lights been "installed" and ready to use on White Lightning?
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?