12 posts
10 users
6k+ views
Adamh21 - DCSki Supporter 
December 4, 2008
Member since 12/4/2008 🔗
26 posts
Hey,

I lurked for awhile but finally decided to sign up. Lets see I am 26 currently living in Silver Spring,MD; working in an accounting firm as an accountant. I grew up my entire life in Montgomery County, MD but during my college years I decided to go to University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown and later transferred to IUP. Really enjoyed Western PA but the economy just was not doing it for me.

As far as ski/boarding goes; I skied the majority of my life and switched to snowboarding when I was 18 have not looked back since. I loved going to school in western pa because I was able to board 3 - 4 times a week. I had a season pass to Seven Springs and one year Hidden Valley. Now that I am back down in the DC area I only get to go so very often.

Very nice site and great information. I especially love the lost ski area (that's what really drew me into the site); very interesting stuff. Amazing how many ski resorts there were. Hopefully Laurel does not end up there; I loved skiing there.

Well hope to add my incite and get to meet some good people who share the same passion I do for the winter sports (skiing/boarding)
GRK
December 4, 2008
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Hi Adamh21

It is a nice site. Lots of friendly helpful people here. Glad you signed up. I am sure you will have lots to add with your experiences at HV and Seven Springs.

GRK
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 5, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Again, welcome.
As you mentioned lots of great info here, tremendous expertise, a few nut cases like me, and passionate skiers/boarders/sliders that know a lot about the sport, have multiple years of experience, etc.
Looks like Laurel will make it unless the PA gvt pulls the rug out from under the deal.
Ask any questions you like and I am sure someone will be able to help you with an answer.
Sometimes we DCSkiers try to meet at a resort and ski together for a few hours. One such place is Timberline during the Snowy Luau weekend in late March.
You really will feel like you know many of your fellow DCSkiers from their posts and it is great meeting them face to face. Hopefully we will have more opportunities to meet and slide together this year.
Again, WELCOME!
The Colonel smile
Steve
December 5, 2008
Member since 02/15/2006 🔗
160 posts
Originally Posted By: Adamh21
Lets see I am 26 currently living in Silver Spring,MD; working in an accounting firm as an accountant. I grew up my entire life in Montgomery County, MD

Adam, welcome to DCSki. No need to be so apologetic about being an accountant who grew up in Montgomery County. If you can keep that up for another 26 years you'll be.....me! Except I didn't start skiing until a few years ago.

DCSki is a great place to learn about what the mid-Atlantic has to offer and sometimes argue about politics (not often though).

Post early and often. Steve, CPA, BCC '74.
Clay
December 9, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Adamh21,
Welcome. What else could you be at an accounting firm but an accountant? laugh

Just pulling your chain...
kwillg6
December 10, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Adamh21, welcome into the light and out of the dark abiss of the land of lurkers. So many of us enjoy the enlightening discussions which surface on this page. I feel as though I've known many of these folks for a lifetime and they're all good people. whistle
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 10, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
kwillg6,
Well said! I also feel the same way. I look forward to a few runs with you this winter.
And "Thanks" to Scott for putting this whole thing together
The Colonel smile
"Skis get old, skiers never do. Ponce de Leon was just looking in the wrong place."
Adamh21 - DCSki Supporter 
December 10, 2008
Member since 12/4/2008 🔗
26 posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have been lurking here for way too long and finally decided to register. Looking forward to adding my thoughts and opinions to the discussion on this board.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
December 10, 2008
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
Adam - I ski regularly at HV since I own real estate there. Stop into Glacier's Pub and ask for Snowsmith, I'll buy you a cold one.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
December 10, 2008
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Good to see another Laurel enthusiast here, welcome to DCSki. If you haven't been following the Laurel news, you can get caught up here:

Laurel Mountain Breaking News (several pages in)
fishnski
December 10, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Originally Posted By: snowsmith
Adam - I ski regularly at HV since I own real estate there. Stop into Glacier's Pub and ask for Snowsmith, I'll buy you a cold one.

SHHHhhhh!...I have to write this quietly...Be very Carefull around Mr. Smith..Do what you can do to get the free Brewski but you have to walk,Talk & act like a liberal if you want him to buy you another. DO NOT degrade Al Gore or be pro Drilling or act like a Global Warming denier...this will only infuriate the Snow critter & the next cold one might be upside your head!

PS..Timberline pub Rules!
David
December 11, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?