WISP lodging help needed!
6 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Jeremy
September 22, 2008
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
73 posts
Can someone tell me if there is another vacation rental agency in the WISP area other than Railey Mountain and Long and Foster?

I'm trying to book a place for about 14 people near the ski in/out area at the top of the mountain and it seems all the places are booked that are close to the slopes.

I need the info ASAP. Thanks.,
SCWVA
September 22, 2008
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Theres a lot of places listed on VRBO.com. Many of the places listed on VRBO are listed by the Owners, but the properties are managed & listed by local rental agencies. I've had good luck with VRBO in the past.
Jeremy
September 22, 2008
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
73 posts
thanks for the site. Looking now.

Anyone else got anything?
Jeremy
September 22, 2008
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
73 posts
Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from the vacation rental areas on the top of the mountain to the ski slopes? I keep hearing conflicting reports and remember seeing a shuttle last year.
lightguy
September 28, 2008
Member since 10/11/2005 🔗
19 posts
Don't know if there is a shuttle, but many of the places on top are walking distance (especially if the east ridge is open) to the slopes. A few sections of the new homes and some of the old town houses are right on, or almost right on the slopes.
Jeremy
September 29, 2008
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
73 posts
I found out that the shuttle I remember seeing is the WISP shuttle from the top parking (near the adventure center) to the bottom lots and lodge. It does not make stops in the middle.

We stayed at the older town homes one year, very nice, but then got a bigger group together and wanted to stay at the ones on top so last year we did Kendall Camp and it was perfect...right under the lift between Main Street and the Adventure Center.

Last week we decided on one of the new homes a little further up the road on top of the mountain. It looks to be closer than many of the homes at the bottom, but it's not slopeside ski in/out. Still, it has an indoor pool! We have even more folks this year. Next year I will start my planning in August I guess so we can get a closer location. I wonder how many are booked up from the get go because they are give the first shot at rebooking the same weekend each year once they stayed at a place?

Oh well, thanks all for your help.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?