NoVA to Timberline which way after Petersburg?
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
Noopie
January 30, 2008
Member since 01/11/2008 🔗
17 posts
Hello,

I was just looking at the suggested driving directions on the Timberline website and it says take 55W all the way to Harman and take 32 N to Canaan Valley. When I look at Google Maps it doesn't indicate that 55 makes it all the way to Harman. It looks like you need to take 33 from Seneca Rocks to get to Harman and pickup 32.

Is this just a situation where 55 and 33 are one and the same for a little while and not marked as such on Google maps or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!
crunchy
January 30, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
yep, they are one in the same in a few spots. but its almost impossible to get lost going 55w->32n route. the hardest thing might be missing the exit for rt55 off of I-81 \:\)
Noopie
January 30, 2008
Member since 01/11/2008 🔗
17 posts
Once in college a buddy and I got lost going to Snowshoe from Charlottesville, VA. If you need to make a turn to stay on a particular road and you miss that turn it can sometimes be a while before you figure out what happened. It was also incredibly foggy visibility was like 20 or 30 feet... Anyway thanks for the tip!
Clay
January 30, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
This one is easy - turn right at the stop sign at Seneca Rocks. Go up the mountain on 33, go down the mountain on 33 where it gets flat(er) is Harman. Go right at the Y across from the school (follow the signs to Canaan). Follow the road (32) until you hit the valley.
skiTLINE
January 30, 2008
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
 Originally Posted By: Clay
This one is easy - turn right at the stop sign at Seneca Rocks. Go up the mountain on 33, go down the mountain on 33 where it gets flat(er) is Harman. Go right at the Y across from the school (follow the signs to Canaan). Follow the road (32) until you hit the valley.

Thats the route we take. 3hrs door to door with a couple 10 min stops thrown in. This is from South Riding (Chantilly) VA. The trip is definately quicker now.
Bumps
January 30, 2008
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
It's the way I have been going lately. Sometimes I go up the other side through Scheer, Mt Storm lake and Davis area. I like to mix it up and see the changes. Time wise it isn't much different, but I find going through Harman is a less stressful drive. BTW, I finally stopped at aromas coffee house on my way through Moorefield this time And had one of the best mochas I have had in a while.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.