Lodging at Canaan/Timberline (Davis, etc.)
5 posts
5 users
cjanak
January 29, 2004
Member since 01/22/2004 🔗
15 posts
I'm planning to go to Canaan/Timberline with a group of maybe 8 people in late February.

I've already inquired about houses and condos at Timberline and the lodge and cabins at Canaan.

I was wondering if anybody can recommend some decent nearby hotel/motels in Davis, etc.

Thanks,
Chris

dmh
January 29, 2004
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
127 posts
Try this link

http://www.canaanvalley.org/lodging.cfm

I have a Black Bear unit I rent on ocassion but it can only accomodate 6--one queen bedroom, loft with two sets of bunk beds. Other Black Bear units would probably be available and they are reasonable for Canaan Valley.

jonjon
January 29, 2004
Member since 04/2/2004 🔗
70 posts
I would highly recommend the Meyer House B&B in Davis. Beautiful accomodations, great breakfast, and only $85 a night, with no minimum night stays. Problem is, they book up fast -- see www.meyerhousebandb.com
tommo
January 29, 2004
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
303 posts
DMH - How do you like your place and the overall zen of Black Bear? I was very familiar with them they were built, but have only stayed there once (and that was several years ago). Do the owners generally get along? What about the general maint, upkeep, etc... I'd like to find out more about the place from someone who really knows.... (My email is tommo301@earthlink.net if you like - any info is greatly appreciated...Tommo)

[This message has been edited by tommo (edited 01-29-2004).]

(Anonymous)
February 9, 2004
cjanak,
Great deal on rooms at the Blacvkwater Falls state park this winter for $47.00 midweek, which is half price. You must book for a two night minimum, and get a coupon off of their web site, blackwaterfalls.com. We had a room overlooking the canyon with a spectacular view. The foods is not bad either, and reasonable.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.