hotels near Canaan
6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
Kahuna613
December 30, 2003
Member since 11/20/2003 🔗
56 posts
Does anyone know of any cheap motels near Canaan Valley or Wisp or in between that would enable me and friends to have cheap lodging on MLK weekend? With websites would be nice too if any exist....thanks.
tromano
December 31, 2003
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
There is a Comfort Inn at McHenry MD. That I stayed at earlier this season on a trip to wisp. King Bed room was less than $100... Maybe $89, if memory serves. This is probabbly a little far from Cannan, I would guess a 45 min - 1 hour drive down 219.
snowcone
December 31, 2003
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Elkins is about 40 miles from Canaan and has a whole bunch of moderate motels like Econolodge etc. I don't kow the current prices but we stayed in one a couple of years ago when we couldnt reach SnowShoe because of bad weather. As I recall room rate was in the $40 range.
DC_Skier
December 31, 2003
Member since 01/2/2003 🔗
56 posts
There is hotel at Blackwater Falls State Park which is pretty reasonable and Ithink there is a motel in Davis right by the creek on the main road.
canaanman
January 2, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Check out the Alpine Lodge at Alpina Gap, its just after the 4-lane section of US 33 on Cheat Mountain the non-Elkins side... it'll save you some time compared to staying in Elkins.

But if you do stay in Elkins, I'd recommend the Elkins Motor Lodge, very reasonable prices.

There are some B&Bs in the Davis/Thomas/Douglas area that you might be able to get in to.

Link to all sorts of Lodging Info (courtesy of White Grass):
http://www.whitegrass.com/accommodations.html

dmh
January 4, 2004
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
127 posts
I have a small house--bedroom, loft with two bunkbeds--fully furnished and equipped that I may be able to rent for that weekend. Send me days you would need it and I will let you know if it is available. You can find photos at www.blackbearwv.com

My email is mikehancock@acquagraphics.com

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.