****ITS SNOWING!!***
19 posts
12 users
5k+ views
nexjg
January 15, 2008
Member since 12/7/2006 🔗
23 posts
Coming down like a clown charlie brown, here in Harrisonburg!
fishnski
January 15, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
AWWWW Ain't that Special!...WV Alpps sharing some of their spillovers!....When that happens you know its coming down real nice up in the high country!
David
January 15, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
When that happens you know its coming down real nice up in the high country!

Must be. The Whitegrass report says their conditions are "a wonderful glidey silk poofy powder"... I wish I was there and not here...
fishnski
January 15, 2008
3,530 posts
Close to 16 inches & counting! (3700' Canaan)
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
skier219
January 15, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
It's even been snowing down here in tidewater VA.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 15, 2008
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,344 posts
Ah. This is more like it.
http://www.whitegrass.com/report.html
Just in time for MLK weekend
fishnski
January 17, 2008
3,530 posts
My Favorite subject & Yes it has!.. the next round began just before daybreak this Morn in the Alpps. NC MTn's have a few inches allready & did anybody see the snow in Atlanta! Things have trended colder with this system than thought(I always had hope)..Just wish the storm was Wetter/Stronger...Next round is the Arctic front which will bring more snow to the high country this weekend....I'll be up there to welcome Ole man winter & to see his Show & tell North pole exhibit!
David
January 17, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Well the morning started off pretty good here in North Central WV with tons of flakes. It snowed pretty hard from around 8 til about 11. Then something terrible happened.....it changed to rain. As I write this is is raining, melting everything that came down this morning. Wisp's webcams are showing snow and snow making so I am assuming everything is fine up there for now. Hopefully it doesn't change over though....
Murphy
January 17, 2008
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
The forecasted 2" has tuned into 6" here in Blacksburg. Great sledding day. Unfortunately the transition to sleet has finally occurred. Couldn't take getting pelted anymore and had to come in for some hot chocolate.
Stumpy
January 17, 2008
Member since 12/12/2007 🔗
20 posts
Snow at the base of Snowshoe since 6:00AM. It just took a break. Has been all snow so far, probably 4". Roads are really covered, since it was coming down too fast for the plows to keep up. Premo skiing on top right now. I had to walk out on Cupp earlier, and the powder was great.
fishnski
January 17, 2008
3,530 posts
Sleet was observed at 1022pm & at 413 am here in wilmington,nc...Schools will be out for a week!..Whitegrass reporting about 3 inches & still snowing as of 1pm...The brunt of the snow will be on the "eastern front" this go around....8 inches reported up on MPC on top of the 2 feet they got earlier this week at 4770' & still Dumping!...Prove me wrong...
langleyskier
January 17, 2008
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
2 inches here in central PA, all snow with a high of 28. Looks like whitetail, liberty, roundtop, and especially wintergreen are going to do great with this little bugger... heck, even the DC area has had 3-4!
fishnski
January 17, 2008
3,530 posts
Yeh I'm real happy for those ski areas... they deserve a break..Wish the valley areas had half their hustle! Feel happy for all the kids down in the lowlands that are loving life..Feel happy for my brother in centerville,md that got to see Winter wonderland visit even on the eastern shore....Sorry my sis didn't enjoy slipping around too much in Baltimore..Can't please em all!...& I'm going to get slap happy soon up in the Alpps where this winter has just begun...I might have to stay there all next week with the weather they will be getting!
tgd
January 17, 2008
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
Andy: Saturday will be the bomb in the valley. Looks like Lake Erie will be turning on her snow guns full blast at the slopes Canaan Valley and Timberline - here's a niblet from the latest NOAA forecast discussion :

RECENT NAM MODEL RUNS SHOW THE ARCTIC-TYPE COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH
THE UPPER OHIO VALLEY THIS WEEKEND WILL ACTUALLY BE A SERIES OF
FRONTS. THE ACCOMPANYING CYCLONIC WESTERLY LOWLEVEL FLOW WILL ALSO
INGEST MOISTURE AND COLD-AIR INSTABILITY FROM THE GREAT LAKES. SNOW
SHOWERS WILL HAVE THEIR GREATEST COVERAGE WHEN THE SECOND AND
STRONGER COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH SATURDAY.

I'm looking for an all day event. One where they don't predict amounts until the snow starts - and then just revise the numbers up! up! up! Could be a 24 hours plus event. What's your call Amazing Kreskin?

I will most likely see you up there buddy on Saturday and Sunday - Full Expedition Weight! Yes to all DC Skiers - I can recognize Andy and Mrs Andy in person. Worse yet he can recognize me \:o ! Don't worry - Andy's nothin' like his online personality - he's a lot bigger! Hope to see you brah. Drive carefully.

Tom
scootertig
January 17, 2008
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
Does that mean anything for me at Seven Springs? Or would the advice to go there be changing now? We're going to be skiing on Saturday at this point, but we could change to Sunday if it'll make for better skiing...

aaron
jimmy
January 17, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
YUP U R welcomde Me and the crew checkd things out for u today \:D . Bier is cold, still skiing freshies on t he edges at 4, don't miss $$$$$ and #### was really schweet too they must of got 4-6 inches there since i left wednesday its only gonna git better, if u wanna ski urself into shape agin this year go ski laps on that new gunner chair, take too asperin a d call ne in the morning
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 17, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
What jimmy meant to say was: "Yes, 7Springs will be epic!"
Enjoy
The Colonel \:\)
scootertig
January 18, 2008
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
weird... I've e-mailed and PM'ed with Jimmy, and I always understood him pretty well... That post? Not so much.

I'm not sure I get the $$$$$ and #### references, but I'll take it to mean that we'll do OK on Saturday?

And Jimmy, I hope you sleep well tonight!

Thanks!

aaron
fishnski
January 18, 2008
3,530 posts
He must be with Crush! I'm still trying to figure SAT out Tom (TGD)..Seems that some F-Casters are going with the GFS solution...There is this gulf low that seems to want to creep up & I don't know how that will affect the LE Blast that is to follow the Arctic front...Can they slam into each other??!! We might need the moisture from the south considering the fact that Pure Arctic air is very dry...I guess I'm saying that we need some Enhancement to the LE to really see it come down sat...Hey..I'm still hoping for an inch or two tomorrow..lets not get ahead of ourselves.. Why do you think i'm up at 230am?...Because I Have a bad addiction to Powder!...need some sleep...

Won't get up to the valley till sat aft & I might pop into TL Pub for a couple..Sun I'm thinking Canaan for less crouds & skiing TL Mon...hope to see ya!..(see how I spaced that TGD..you taught me that..Good Man)
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.