luv for the snow pillow!
14 posts
5 users
4k+ views
crunchy
January 4, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
had to snap a picture of this yesterday cause it looked so cool! a nice pillow of snow! appears to be not too affected by winds too. wish i had something to measure with and compare to the totals on the local weather site, to see if i found an accurate place to measure myself \:\)

yellowsnow
January 4, 2008
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Crunchy - where was that pic taken? ...I think I know...
fishnski
January 4, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Sucks to be a golfer now!!
Clay
January 4, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
I took golf lessons in CV for a week in April 3 or 4 years back... It wasn't that bad, but my instructor had one of those plastic covers over his cart with a heater inside. He wouldn't get out.

I've given up golf now....
fishnski
January 4, 2008
3,530 posts
Oh..For anybody thats wundering..thats a shot of snow in Canaan Valley,West Virginia....yes it does manage to snow south of the mason dixon occasionally!
yellowsnow
January 4, 2008
289 posts
Yah fish, but where EXACTLY in Canaan Valley??? I just gotta know...it'll kill me not to know...
David
January 4, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
Oh..For anybody thats wundering..thats a shot of snow in Canaan Valley,West Virginia....yes it does manage to snow south of the mason dixon occasionally!

You know, I wasn't sure or not that it did. I have heard rumors that it may but never seen any proof. Thanks for the clarification on that matter Fish. Speaking of fish, you been doing any lately? (I keep telling myself "It is ski season David, SKI SEASON!!, but I can't quit thinking about fishing....I've got it bad..)
fishnski
January 4, 2008
3,530 posts
Yellowmon..I bet that was a pic of a Golfcart at the windwood fly in area...up agains't one of the homes or complex structure there....Yeah David..Fishing is year round down here but for some reason I think its too cold to go..But I'll be at the top of TL in a whiteout with 20 below windchill & feel great....Go Figure!.....Did catch some nice surf Whiting at Amelia Island,FL a week ago...I can Fry them billy's up RIGHT!!
crunchy
January 4, 2008
596 posts
real close fishnski! same road, but its at deerfield. its perfectly blocked by northwest winds i guess?

fishnski, you can trout fish in the winter. i think dave did last week \:\)
yellowsnow
January 4, 2008
289 posts
Ding ding ding!
Yeah crunchy, that spot is blocked, but I'm afraid taking a snow measurement there would be like measuring downstream of chip's snow fences!

Went trout fishing last week at Canaan. Got skunked.
crunchy
January 4, 2008
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: yellowsnow
I'm afraid taking a snow measurement there would be like measuring downstream of chip's snow fences!

maybe timberline should hire him as a snowmaking consultant. give that man a snowmaker i bet he could probably whiten that mountain in no time \:\)
David
January 4, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: crunchy
fishnski, you can trout fish in the winter. i think dave did last week \:\)

And speaking of....They started the winter stocking here in WV. We'll have to see what we can get into. Maybe get Andy out in this cold weather to do some real fishing....

Originally Posted By: yellowsnow
Went trout fishing last week at Canaan. Got skunked.

What stream were you fishing? What were you using?? (if you don't mind me asking).....

BTW Crunch...Redskins?? Come on now. You know the Cowboys are going to take it all this year......
fishnski
January 5, 2008
3,530 posts
That was my 2nd guess...Double Drat!....One of my Favorate scenes is heading home from the valley in late march With patches of snow on the ground & with a bright warm sun shining on the Trouters in their waders along the Dryfork.
yellowsnow
January 5, 2008
289 posts
David,
Red Run.
Tried BHHE's with splitshot, but after all that rain the stream was pretty much blown out. I admit I only gave it a half-hearted effort and headed home.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?