todays snow withdrawl therapy... bass fishin' :)
20 posts
9 users
7k+ views
crunchy
May 6, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
yes they got fresh sweet powder out west, but we are haulin big bass in VA \:\)

my bud who owns the property caught a bigger one, but this is my trophy for the day.
David
May 7, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Nice....I have my 1st "trip" planned to the mountains this week to start off trout fishing season (yeah I know it is a little late). Hopefully I will have a little fishing stoke to post too....
tromano
May 7, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I have been spending the last 4 weekends MTBing. Today I am bleeding out my nose form all the pollen. I prefer ski season.
tromano
May 7, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Thats a nice bass.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
David
May 11, 2007
2,444 posts
I didn't want to start a new thread just for one pic so here is a shot of 1 of the 4 that I caught yesterday.

crunchy
May 11, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
dude thats a beauty! ive never been trout fishin' but I would love to. Ive heard a couple people say that 'trout season' is almost over, but I asked this dude from WV at work today and he said "its always trout season" So now im confused \:\)
skier219
May 11, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Nice fishies boys! I haven't caught bass or trout since I was a kid -- nice to see the photos.
David
May 13, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: crunchy
dude thats a beauty! ive never been trout fishin' but I would love to. Ive heard a couple people say that 'trout season' is almost over, but I asked this dude from WV at work today and he said "its always trout season" So now im confused \:\)

Some people think that the only time to go trout fishing is during stocking season, which usually starts in/around Feb and ends at the end of May. I think trout fishing is best whenever I am not skiing. On that note, I have caught trout in every month of the year. Spring time is the best time to go out and not have to do as much work to catch trout and even find some bigger trout, but I think that native trout fishing is fun the entire year....So I guess I am trying to say that it IS ALWAYS trout fishing season!
David
June 8, 2007
2,444 posts
This was the second week in a row I was in the Cranberry Backcountry. This week I managed to not forget my camera. We did very well last week and even better this week. Monday was the last day they stocked streams until the fall, so there were plenty of big fish still around in the water...Here are a few shots from the camping/fishing venture....

Crush
June 11, 2007
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
This is how bored we are in P.C. u have to have realplayer.

Bored
jimmy
June 13, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
I've often wondered why WV doesn't have an official start to trout season like PA does. Kinda funny i think, around here folks follow the stocking truck around with a handful of gravel, mitchell 300 and a can o corn.

I just cannot seem to set time aside for fishin anymore. Did get to go on a drinking trip beginning of June; rode around the Raven at snowshoe, snow all gone btw, hitting balls losing balls and drinking beer. Didn't fall out of the cart even played a bit in the rain. Drove the crew up to Canaan next day for some more goofing and drinking. It was good to be back in the mountains, but a mountain without snow.......... well it's not very good therapywise, the drinking helps though.
David
June 13, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: jimmy
Kinda funny i think, around here folks follow the stocking truck around with a handful of gravel, mitchell 300 and a can o corn.

Sadly I know many people around here that are the same way. Over the past few weeks it has been extremely easy to catch your limit in stocked rainbows within a few hours (if you know where to look), because they have been getting rid of the last of the stock fish. Come mid June through August is when the work will begin and we will start fly fishing a whole lot harder. I can't wait! I cursed college throughout all of ski season, but now I am loving every day of it. My motto for the past month has been: "Every day is Saturday!!!".....
David
July 26, 2007
2,444 posts
Here are a few shots taken from an awesome day of trout fishing at an undisclosed location deep in the heart of WV. In 5 hours three of us caught 57 trout and every one was wild, not stocked. I only took a couple of pics because it rained a good part of the day....

Wild brown trout

Another wild brown

Wild rainbow
wojo
July 30, 2007
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts
Just finished a trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness with my kids to introduce them to life as pioneers. Most of the pictures are in our heads. We canoed, portaged, fished,camped and drank boiled lake water to our hearts content. Anyone who posted to this thread should check it out.

We caught 3 pike, 6 smallies, 2 perch, and 3 walleye in about 6 hours of low effort fishing spread over 4 days. We were there to relax, but dipped our lines a little bit every day. \:\)
[image]http://members.cox.net/m.wojtan/walleye.jpg [/image]
JimK - DCSki Columnist
July 31, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Three comments.
Jimmy needs to switch to near beer.
Which guitarist is depicted on David's tee shirt?
How many pounds did wojo drop on his canoe trip?
jimmy
August 1, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Never

Clapton?

11-3/4?

Beautiful fish btw. Just back from the beach, guess what i did plenty of down there?
Roger Z
August 1, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
 Quote:
Just back from the beach, guess what i did plenty of down there?

Spraypainting your name on overpasses?
jimmy
August 3, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
 Originally Posted By: Roger Z
 Quote:
Just back from the beach, guess what i did plenty of down there?

Spraypainting your name on overpasses?

Surrender Dorothy!!!! I always thought that one, if you dc'ers know it, was so cool with the spires in the background.

Mostly walked around looking at stuff & looking at stuff walking around. Met a couple of folks staying same place as us from WV. Asked them where they were from they said "Tucker & Randolph county do you know where that is??" I got a bit of a laff out of that.....turns out the three of them work at Tline, it's a small world huh.
David
August 3, 2007
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: JimK

Which guitarist is depicted on David's tee shirt?

Clapton it is!
David
September 6, 2007
2,444 posts
Crunchy and I met up in Harman last Saturday and did some trout fishing on the Dry Fork. We didn't do spectacular, but we certainly didn't get skunked. Here are a few shots from the trip. I may not have taught him a lot about trout fishing but I do think that he learned that trout can be one of the more frustrating species of fish

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?