Tline - Whale and bumps.... on White Lightning!!
9 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Clay
January 4, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
The snowmakers have been hard a work overnight at Timberline stocking up for the warm spell. There are whales everywhere including White Lightning which has whales down the skier's left and bumps down the right. There is not a staight line down the hill, so the bumps are getting bigger by the minute. They are packed and soft. Fantastic!!

Nothing new has opened yet, but it looks like they're getting ready. Temp right now is a balmy 28 degrees. I only came in to rest my legs and then it back to the hill!!

While I am vocal in my criticisms I don't hesitate to say Good job Timberline!!

Jimmy watch: I saw someone from the lift who might have been Jimmy. He was wearing Jimmy garb, but I wasn't quick enough to notice if he was on tele gear.
kwillg6
January 4, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Jimmi goes loose heel on occasion but on a day like this, he'd usually be alpine. He may be there....I tried PMing him but no response. Clay, have a good weekend. I doubt if I get up! Save the Whales!!!!!
Clay
January 4, 2008
555 posts
I will try. I might have looked like a goober, but I think I did okay on the bumps on WL. I may head over to OTW this afternoon \:o

You think I'm ready?
Clay
January 4, 2008
555 posts
Okay. Well that was an experience \:D If those are whales than I have to revise my Subject of this post to "Guppies" and bumps.

My Lord! I made it down in one piece (but I did a little side slipping ). I fell once near the top and once near the bottom, so I don't feel too bad. And there were others on there who looked worse than me \:o

I don't think I did too badly given I'm an old out of shape dude who has only for skied 5 years. Besides, now I can cross it off my life list and NEVER do it again!
fishnski
January 4, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
SEEeeeee...TL Has listened to the bitch here at DCSKI!.....Although when cking out the dollysods cam this morn I didn't see any blowing off to the right of WL...anything on twister DEW & Almost Heaven?..I did see that heavy pounding of the base again..they love that base!
Clay
January 4, 2008
555 posts
They seemed to move things to the right of WL late this afternoon. They've been blowing hard on Upper Dew. I didn't see anything on Almost Heaven, but it looked like when I came back from the store that maybe something was going on on Twister, but it was hard to tell. Down low, they have been making snow on Lower Tunderstruck as well.
crunchy
January 4, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
I did see that heavy pounding of the base again..they love that base!

cmon fishnski, now why would that be? the lowest elevation areas lose the snow first maybe? they are trying to open winterset as soon as possible also i think. ie: cater to the slopeside realestate.
Clay
January 4, 2008
555 posts
Actually, they got Winterset and OTW open this afternoon. So that's two more down.
fishnski
January 5, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
GO REDSKINS...I'd have rather had top to bottom skiing on T-Giving(Easily could have been done with the piles of snow I saw up there) & the weekend I was there in DEC than have all the Snow blown at the base when all you need is enough snow to get you to the lifts....I don't need SO MUCH base that I'm seeing it still there in May when I'm up there for Spring Cleaning...BASE,BASE,BASE...put a little more on the FACE!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.