What's new for T-line this winter 07-08
15 posts
10 users
6k+ views
Tucker
September 14, 2007
Member since 03/14/2005 🔗
893 posts
Anyone know if anything is going to be new a T-line this winter???
Tucker
September 14, 2007
893 posts
Not related....FYI...that Canaan realty add that pops up at the top of the home page w/ IHC add with that one cedar place with the triple dormers and triplex building is located in Girdwood ALaska...used to live in the condo right behind it...also for your info if your looking for a killer place to live next to 3000 vertical feet of a mountain that averages around 800 inches of pow a winter at the peak with seven glaciers sorounding it Girdwood AK is it...great little hippie town...also fYi girdwood/aleyaska is the only ski town I've ever lived in where the cheapest rentals are the places that are closest to the lifts-03/04 prices $550 a month rental (55k purshase price) for effeciency w/ heat included 150 yards from lifts...also killer fishin all year round...
Girlboarder247
September 15, 2007
Member since 01/2/2007 🔗
110 posts
I knew the cold turkey method wouldn't last forever =-)...two posts in one day...I think it's time to cut back
Tucker
September 15, 2007
893 posts
Ah ha...it's the rail chicken callin me out...You will be happy to know that I will no longer be harassing you when you opt for the 50/50 instead of a boardslide....I am retiring from riding the park this season and will be dedicating my time to the search for pow...and backcountry...
Girlboarder247
September 16, 2007
Member since 01/2/2007 🔗
110 posts
That's not true. Sometimes I need someone in a flourescent colored coat flapping their arms like a wild chicken to make me commit. Good luck in your search for deep pow pow.
crunchy
September 17, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: Tucker

I think the have been working on getting a new beer on draft, and might be replacing a few rusty lockers for the 08/09 season \:\)
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
September 17, 2007
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
what happened to that rope tow for the terrain park that was supposed to be installed _last_ year ? not that i care about using it, but if it gets a few people off the orange lift that would be good.
jimmy
September 17, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts

Hey Tucker how you doin whend you get outta jail ??? I been working on that beer remote you mentioned all summer, not quite ready yet but making good progress. Looks like tline also put some new blocks under the collapsed part of the deck so they won't have to waste snow filling in the hole. Also going to be a bomber year for snow starting early, freshies three days each week, timed to fall right after they park the groomers. Seriusly tho maybe someone who LIVES down there might snoop around and get some info......
kwillg6
September 17, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
New paint in the Pub. They had the place tore up this weekend and dropcloths everywhere. Maybe cold draft beer. I'm tired of warm draft. The sno sticks that were living beside the maintainence building have gone away. Rumor is that they have a new home on sally.
So, Tucker, where will home be this winter?
Tucker
September 18, 2007
893 posts
A winter plan is critical in order to maximize the potential for pow days...

I've decided that instead of retiring when I'm to old to hike, shroup the fat, and drop big lines that I'm going to retire about two months every year each winter...

Jimmy, while in Jail ( ;\) )I had time to formulate an anticipatingly epic pow plan for this winter...After five years of working full time at the T-slime and never have been served a beer I am steppin' down...sure I'll ride with the snowboard team when I'm around and maybe work some patrol here and there, but I will no longer be ridin' the groomed terrain on powder days...

I'm going to keep on designing/building houses in the valley till about January...then I'm drivin the "pow truck" (bug shield is on order) out to Driggs for some deep pow samples at the Gee and lots'o' steep and deep backcountry at the pass and in the tetons until about Mid-March...then I'm coming back to the valley to enjoy some spring skiing and get a tan on some slow lifts...

then it is back to designing/building quality homes for my company...APD Construction LLC...which by the way stands for Advancement for Powder Days...because a business plan is critical for any successful business.
tgd
September 18, 2007
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
A winter plan is critical in order to maximize the potential for pow days...

...APD Construction LLC...which by the way stands for Advancement for Powder Days...because a business plan is critical for any successful business.

Amen Tucker.... Pure genius! Hope to see you at the 'slime before you head west.

Tom
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 18, 2007
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Great Plan!

Sadly my job doesn't allow that but I plan to retire for real by the 08-09 season. \:\)
kwillg6
September 19, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Yeah, the big R plan. Got mine too. I plan on doing a lot of pow days when I do. I'm with you Denis. I may do the R in 08, but more likely in 09. The Mrs wants to go 4 more so I probably won't wait for her and will be skiing solo on weekdays for a couple of winters. I'm like a kid at Christmas in anticipation!
Roger Z
September 19, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Dang, Denis, congrats! Next to turning 21, retirement might be the greatest day of your life! (well, except for that "marriage" and "children" stuff) People ask what I want to do for a career and I say "retire." Apparently some people think that's not a good answer.

Got any plans apart from skiing yet?
SCWVA
September 19, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
 Originally Posted By: pagamony
what happened to that rope tow for the terrain park that was supposed to be installed _last_ year ? not that i care about using it, but if it gets a few people off the orange lift that would be good.

I saw the rope tow running at the end of last season.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?