It's Official-Liberty Opens
8 posts
5 users
3k+ views
Otto
November 23, 2000
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
It is only three trails, but Liberty opens Friday at 9:00 AM. Let's hope it lasts!!!
chuckie
November 23, 2000
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
Man I was totaly caught off guard by this one! I proboably can't make it tommorrow, what's the chances of all 3 trails being open SATURDAY?
(Anonymous)
November 26, 2000
Liberty will be open until 5 PM on Sunday. They will be closed Monday - Thursday, and plan to repopen on Friday. I would check their website - www.skiliberty.com - to stay posted on the latest.
Tknogeek
November 26, 2000
Member since 01/26/2000 🔗
5 posts
Did anyone get up to Liberty on Sunday? I decided not to go because of the 55 degree rain here in the DC area. I'm curious how much of the snow got wiped out.

Also, does anybody know how many days of cold weather it really takes these resorts to put a blanket of snow on the runs? It's hard to tell from the webcams if there is a thin layer dusting or a real base out there. I know the different resorts have different types of equipment though.

Thanks
Scott

Jim
November 26, 2000
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Scott:

The trails opened by Liberty have a decent base. A good couple of feet minimum of hard pack. This should last through the upcoming warm spell. It helps that Liberty is closing for the week so the snow that's there is not further scraped and repacked by groomers which shortens base life.

Jim

chuckie
November 27, 2000
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
WOOHOO! I got up to LIBERTY yesterday (SUN)!

While I admit there wasn't much open, it was still nice to get my board on some snow. I didn't see any rain, or it's affect on the snow (I arrived at about noon). I'm glad they had Adventure alley open or it would have been realy dissappointing.

There were a lot of bare spots on ADVENTURE ALLEY, but the rest of the runs were in good shape, especially the park.

I realy wish they would open blue streak, but I guess that's alot to ask. Credit to SKILIBERTY for opening early and doing a damn fine job of it!

(Anonymous)
December 5, 2000
FYI - Ski Liberty will be opening again this Friday at 9AM. Nothing is confirmed but they are hoping to have a slope from the top and one or two down the back open!!
Jim
December 6, 2000
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Yup, Liberty's website reports it will be open Friday 9am to 10pm. I've heard that the following trails will be open:

Dipsy - top to bottom
Sneaky Pete - aka lower half of Dipsy
Beginner area
Terrain park

Heavenly
Lower Ultra

Keep you fingers crossed.

Addendum - Liberty now posts that Ultra and Heavenly will be open top to bottom!!

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 12-07-2000).]

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?