Liberty projections . . .
8 posts
5 users
1k+ views
Jim
December 13, 2004
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Rumors are flying that Liberty is going to try to open this Thursday. Sister area Whitetail may be trying for the same date, but no word there as of yet.
JohnL
December 13, 2004
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Any idea as to what trails may be open by the weekend?
KevR
December 13, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
dunno of course but in the last few yrs it seems like the two bunnies, the main green trail and at least 1 blue (angle drop) go first, probably including the main blue under the mainl lift and terrain park stuff.

Not that much but on a uncrowded day, 4 hrs of leg burning non-stop fun if you can stand it.

(that is up and down the main quad with no rest)
KevR
December 13, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
SORRY that was in reference to whitetail NOT liberty. no idea on liberty!!
Jim
December 14, 2004
317 posts
Actually, until you got to the trail names, it DID sound like Liberty!! Traditionally, the beginner area and Dipsy Doodle and Sneaky Pete are opened top to bottom. From there Blue Streak and Heavenly are next with the black diamond trio (ultra, eastwind and strata) going from there in approximately that order. If Liberty makes it open by Thursday (I have my doubts), count on the beginner area and Dipsy for sure with more to follow quickly - especially because of the new snowmaking equipment and capacity.
Roy
December 16, 2004
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Liberty is not opening on Thursday (as you probably know by now). However, as far as trails go, they are making snow frontside AND backside. Liberty purchases a new automated snowmaking system this year so they can now make snow front and back a lot quicker.

The phone snow report and the email I got confirmed they are making front and back. But it looks like Saturday before they open.
jimmer
December 16, 2004
Member since 11/25/2003 🔗
53 posts
Liberty's website is stating Saturday morning. No trails listed yet. I'm guessing the Beginner area, Dipsey Doodle from the top & Heavenly on the back. But - it could easily be more. The updated snow making equipment on Dipsey Doodle seems to have free'd up some resources to blow on other slopes as well.
Jim
December 16, 2004
317 posts
Yup, saw the postponment from the website. Also got confirmation that they ARE making snow on the backside. While that's good for having another trail, it also means that discounts are likely to be slim for pre-holiday skiing. On the other hand, Liberty is still giving free lessons until Christmas - so gear up!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.