Snowfall for Davis, WV next couple of days
14 posts
11 users
4k+ views
Swimmer
October 22, 2006
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
Hey everyone...happy winter season. I've been catching up on some of the summer ramblings...

No one mentioned that the "point forecast" for Davis, WV per the NWS is calling for snowshowers, possible up to 1 inch over the next couple of days.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?CityName=Davis&state=WV&site=PBZ

I guess you all were too focused on saving 4.7 minutes on a 3 hour drive. Good luck with that

Steve
fishnski
October 23, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
I'm a Snow & weather freak too But When it is all said & done The new highway will save a nice chunk of time but more importantly it will be much safer!....Now to get back to the fun stuff..U were excited about an inch?..How about 3 to 5 above 3000' with about a half Foot at elevations like Wiess Knob & MPC...We can play in that!....Next week end looks interesting also...hope its not coming too early like last year
Swimmer
October 23, 2006
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
Corridor H doesn't really affect my personal drive time to the Valley. Coming out of Germantown, I find it easier for my own sanity to head out I-68 into Cumberland and then head on down. I just have this mental vision of some of you guys dressed in racing suits and carrying stop watches trying to shave seconds off your drive time. I sure would hate to have to pee while carpooling with ya.

I didn't know about the deeper snow in higher elevations. Since I can't escape the trappings of family life and make the drive out west, I don't look into things too closely. It just depresses me more.

Steve
BushwackerinPA
October 23, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
LAWRENCE-BUTLER-ARMSTRONG-INDIANA- WESTMORELAND-FAYETTE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEW CASTLE...ELLWOOD CITY...BUTLER... ZELIENOPLE... KITTANNING...FORD CITY...LEECHBURG... FREEPORT... APOLLO...INDIANA... GREENSBURG...NEW KENSINGTON... JEANNETTE... LATROBE...MONESSEN... UNIONTOWN...CONNELLSVILLE...OHIOPYLE 451 AM EDT MON OCT 23 2006

THE AIR WILL BECOME COLD ENOUGH FOR THE FIRST MEASURABLE SNOW OF THE SEASON TO FALL TONIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 1 INCH FOR THE COUNTIES IMMEDIATELY NORTH AND EAST OF PITTSBURGH. THIS INCLUDES THE PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES OF LAWRENCE... BUTLER...ARMSTRONG...INDIANA... WESTMORELAND...AND FAYETTE. THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF INDIANA...WESTMORELAND... AND FAYETTE MIGHT SEE UP TO 3 INCHES.

UNTREATED ROADS WILL BE SLIPPERY. BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES...AND RAMPS CAN BE THE FIRST TO TURN TO ICE. LOW TEMPERATURES TUESDAY MORNING WILL BE 28 TO 32 DEGREES.

THE AIR WILL BECOME COLD ENOUGH FOR THE FIRST MEASURABLE SNOW OF THE SEASON TO FALL TONIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 1 TO 3 INCHES IN THE WEST VIRGINIA COUNTIES OF PRESTON AND TUCKER...AND GARRETT COUNTY MARYLAND. THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS OVER THESE MOUNTAINS COULD SEE 4 INCHES OF FRESH SNOW BY NOON TUESDAY.

UNTREATED ROADS WILL BE SLIPPERY. BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES...AND RAMPS CAN BE THE FIRST TO TURN TO ICE. LOW TEMPERATURES TUESDAY MORNING WILL BE 25 TO 30 DEGREES.

hells ya
Murphy
October 23, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
It's snizzling right now here in Blacksburg!

Edit: just checked the Dolly Sods camera and the ground is starting to turn white in the foreground
SCWVA
October 23, 2006
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
It appears that the Valley received a little snow over night. In the high res picture there seems to be snow on the ground in the woods as well as on some roof tops. It's been a long time since I've seen snow, so I might be hallucinating.

Dolly Sods Cam

It seems to be snowing at Wisp also.

Wisp Cam

Ahhhhh........Snow!
Roger Z
October 23, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Ah, good ol' snizzle. They're forecasting lows in the upper 30s in Central FLORIDA tonight! That's near record lows down there, if not records. This is one heckuva cold front that came through! I hope- fingers crossed eyes closed wishing really hard- that this isn't another prank like last October.
BushwackerinPA
October 23, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

Ah, good ol' snizzle. They're forecasting lows in the upper 30s in Central FLORIDA tonight! That's near record lows down there, if not records. This is one heckuva cold front that came through! I hope- fingers crossed eyes closed wishing really hard- that this isn't another prank like last October.

last october was awesome. I skied early in Pa then anyone ever has. Yes I will make that claim untill someone has proof;).
jonjon1
October 23, 2006
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
Ground is white. Gotten close to an inch so far
yellowsnow
October 23, 2006
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Yep, photo on Chip's site.
David
October 23, 2006
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Very light flurries here in North Central WV @ about 1,000ft. 35 degrees with a 26 degree windchill.

I HAVE SEEN MY FIRST LITTLE BIT OF SNOW THIS SEASON!!!

Now off to Chem Lab......
BushwackerinPA
October 23, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
http://www.7springs.com/mountaincams.shtml first snow on springs webcams this year!! 4 inch maybe expected. I may be skiing tomorrow.
langleyskier
October 23, 2006
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Saw a few flurries here today in state college, pa!!!! I am hoping for a dusting tonight
Chad
October 24, 2006
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
Quote:

http://www.7springs.com/mountaincams.shtml first snow on springs webcams this year!! 4 inch maybe expected. I may be skiing tomorrow.

looks like plenty of snow now on the grass at seven springs. unfortunately i am at work.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?