Nice weekend coming up
12 posts
9 users
1k+ views
langleyskier
February 7, 2006
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Looks like this coming weekend is going to be a great one for the local resorts. I will be at whitetail either saturday or sunday. Where is everyone else planning on heading?
Swimmer
February 7, 2006
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
Trying like crazy to get somebody to come share the cost of a condo at Snowshoe. My original party bailed and left me holding the cancelation fee. I'd rather salvage the weekend but I can't justify/afford a solo weekend there.

Slopeside at Silver Creek, 3 days skiing, 2 nights lodging included..come on folks, best conditions of the year

Steve
firemt@yahoo.com
Buckeye Skier
February 7, 2006
Member since 01/11/2004 🔗
54 posts
We've put off a trip to the Valley twice, rescheduling for this weekend. Looks like we hit it right. It will be my wife's first time skiing this year and only my second. Timberline Friday, and Canaan Saturday. It's about time we got back to winter!
bawalker
February 7, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
What is the cost if split 2, 3, 4, 5, etc ways? I have a friend that may be interested.
Swimmer
February 7, 2006
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
It's a one bedroom condo that is equipped (queen bed in bedroom, pull out sofa in living room) to sleep four people. I am happy on the floor so I won't snore in a stranger's ear. Total cost right now is 640 dollars for 3 days lift ticket and 2 night lodging.

That price of 640 dollars is the package price for two people skiing. Additional lift tickets can be purchased as part of the package for a discounted price of around 60 bucks a day, for a total of up to four people per the room. Any additional folks who want to crash would have to pay full cost of tickets. The additional ticket purchases can be made up to 48 hours in advance of check in. After that, it's full price.

So that means if we can get a group of four people in the room, we would have to increase the price by about 240 dollars (two days tickets for two people, Friday tickets are "complimentary" per Snowshoe staff. Sooooo 640 dollars plus 240 dollars is 880 bucks split four ways comes to 220 dollars per person. Seems a little steep but 3 days skiing, 2 nights lodging, slopeside, pool/hot tub, bar on premise. It's at Silver Creek. You can step outside of the joint, step into your bindings, and be making tracks. While not at the hub of Snowshoe proper, there are frequent shuttles to the main basin area.

Just myself and another person, it would be 320/person, three people in the room, have to increase the 640 by 120 to cover the tickets, split three ways is 254 a person.

That's 74 dollars a day for lodging and ski tickets if four people get together. 85/day for three people, 108/day for 2 people.

Check in is at 4 pm on Friday, but you can check in early and get your lift pass, then come back later to occupy the room. Check out is 11 am. on Sunday.

I plan to pack a cooler for adult beverages and lunch/breakfast, probably eat dinners at the resort somewhere, I dunno. It's a full ski village with different eateries, shops, bars, blah blah blah. I am not a party hound but not adverse to having a couple of drinks at the end of the day. I just want to make sure I am in shape for first tracks the next morning. Nothing is better than ripping down Cupp or Shay's for breakfast before anyone else has shaken off their hangover.

Please come and join me. I promise to keep my pile of crap out of the way, I'll even share my bourbon and peanut butter. Hell, I'd even show you my secret pow stashes but I don't know of any. Weather wise it's shaping up to be a great weekend for snow.

Steve
drop me a note at
firemt@yahoo.com
Crush
February 7, 2006
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
Quote:

... I am happy on the floor so I won't snore in a stranger's ear. ...

Dude ... I've had some amazing times with total strangers ....
Swimmer
February 7, 2006
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
Quote:

Quote:

... I am happy on the floor so I won't snore in a stranger's ear. ...

Dude ... I've had some amazing times with total strangers ....

that's a great point, I am totally hearing ya, but right now I don't want to scare off anyone who may be interested. Maybe I'll get a chance to get to SLC some day and we'll party

Steve
SkiBumMSP
February 7, 2006
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

Trying like crazy to get somebody to come share the cost of a condo at Snowshoe. My original party bailed and left me holding the cancelation fee. I'd rather salvage the weekend but I can't justify/afford a solo weekend there.

Slopeside at Silver Creek, 3 days skiing, 2 nights lodging included..come on folks, best conditions of the year

Steve
firemt@yahoo.com

I really wish I could take you up on this (and for me, I could most likely get my lift tickets for free - due to certain - ahem - "courtesies", of the ski patrol.) I've skied Snowshoe a few times, and I've yet to pay a dime there (besides grabbing some grub at FoxFire grill for lunch).

But alas, my ski destination is going to be Massanutten yet again (gotta love being on the ski patrol). In fact, I'll be at Massanutten next (presidents day) weekend as well. At least I got a Vermont trip coming up the weekend after that (the last weekend of Feb). At least, it is still a go.

However, at least the conditions should be sweet this weekend, and I am actually looking forward to getting out and making some turns again. I just wish the bump run there was opened. They ought to consider letting one of the other runs (Mass Transit - at least the lower part, would be good) to get bumped up.

The down side of being in Fredericksburg is that it is a another good hour to get to, say, Whitetail, than it is coming from D.C. for example. Also, there were a bunch of us from work that was planning on a trip to Wintergreen for a day. We where going to do it this week, but the conditions deteriated so much that we decided to wait until March 2nd. Hopefully, this colder weather will stick around a couple of weeks or so, to allow for conditions to improve.
kennedy
February 8, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
7 Springs due to a master stroke of planning. Convinced my significantly better half that there could be nothing more romantic for Valentines weekend than staying in a country B&B and going skiing together for a day. Frickin genius
jimmy
February 8, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Hey Swimmer, Sux the rest of your crew bailed on you. Sounds like good fun, wish i could make it but committed to pinching pennies in CV this weekend.

Any of you thinking about this, Steve is a true gentleman and plenty of fun. Take a chance, make some new friends, that's what it's all a bout.
kwillg6
February 8, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Hey Jimmy! My plans changed and I will now be in the valley this weekend. I'll look for you on Saturday and maybe pound a few brewskies!
jimmy
February 8, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
U wanna try the ok corral at 11:00 thing again?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?