Awfully Quiet Around Here!
10 posts
6 users
1k+ views
Crush
December 10, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
... gee I guess you *all* are out making turns! Have fun!!! Me I gotta cold .... staying in boo hoo no turns for me.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 10, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Crush, what are the current percent of trail openings at the Park City resorts? Heard you all were off to a slow start but have things improved?
Mid-Atlantic is really getting rolling well before Xmas holidays, believe nearly every ski area in the region is open this weekend which is pretty great for us. Had good snowmaking weather for the most part since Thanksgiving and 4-9" inches of natural throughout the Appalachian Mtns this week.
Crush
December 10, 2005
1,271 posts
JimK - what the hell you should be out, lol!

Anyway yes it started slow but because of the two storms that came through things are getting there Deer Valley and PCMR I think are not totally 100% open but pretty close to it. The Canyons is totally open it actually is only 1" (106") in snowfall behind last year at this time.

Big/Little Cottonwood is doing well not quite like last year but I'd say "average" if you can call a 60" base average.

So not quite like last year but still really good!

I reckon no big snows for about 3 weeks or so but things seem on track.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 10, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Sounds most acceptable in Utah.

I'm going to Wisp tomorrow. They are making the big news this season with 10 new trails and 2 new lifts. Just wish they could sprout an extra 1000' of vertical.

Not exactly feeling 100% myself today. With four kids there's always some friggin germs circulating around the house. But the little buggers make good ski buddies and don't much argue about which trail to take. Talking about the kids, germs aren't good for nothing.
JCHobbes
December 10, 2005
Member since 09/12/2005 🔗
94 posts
I have a cold, and I was out skiing today..

Went up to Hidden Valley to pick up my pass and got in about two and a half hours. It was really nice.
Crush
December 10, 2005
1,271 posts
Quote:

I have a cold, and I was out skiing today..

Went up to Hidden Valley to pick up my pass and got in about two and a half hours. It was really nice.

... addict!!!!
snowcone
December 10, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Making turns .. yeah right Crush! I have been fighting this virus crud for more than a week now and its ticking me waaaay off! So, I'm staying home and low profile this weekend so I can at least make it down the hill a couple of times next week on my new 5 stars before I cough up my innerds. We are doing our annual ski tune-up at Snowshoe starting the 15th. S'pose to be lots of fresh stuff so it should be interesting. Sig-O says one way or another the new skis will cure me of 'Z' skiing; I will have do it right or break something, either way problem solved. My kid is hoping I crash so she can inherit the skis. Ungrateful child!

I'm thinking of siccing her on you, Crush, she needs challenge and someone to show her that powder is cool before she turns into a groomer gal like her mom. We will be out in PCR 2nd week in January, hope to see you then.
Crush
December 10, 2005
1,271 posts
Quote:

... Sig-O says one way or another the new skis will cure me of 'Z' skiing;...

Hey Snow sorry you aren't feeling well. Yeah Z turns .... I was told I was a "bang-bang" skier ... up on edge angle too fast. It's all a timing thing ... if we ski together I can give you something for that it's real simple.
BushwackerinPA
December 10, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Hidden Valley snow was really nice, stashes of untracked everywhere.
KevR
December 11, 2005
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Whitetail for a few hours on Saturday afternoon but thinking about the West..., which gets old so i don't talk 'bout it no more too much... broken record sort of thing...
So in that vein...

I still think about the day I was at Whitetail a few seasons back, a Saturday I think and we got like 6-inches of new snow, i mean it was like a little cloud over the resort, it wasn't snowing any place else just there. And for the first part of the morning, it was just sooo nice. And then it all went away, tracked up and flattened, and hasn't been seen since.
alas...
And that 'old Bold Decision -- what happend to the dang moguls on that? remember when they were the size of small volkswagons? Heck I could NOT ski that to save me -- bring BACK THE MOGULS ON BOLD!!!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.