7S TR 11/25/05
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
BushwackerinPA
November 25, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Day 2 for the season, first lift serviced turns and my what a time at 7springs today. Went up to today with my trust side kick Mike, we arrived at about 8:30 booted up, wait in the lift line for a good 45 min untill we found out the triple and quad were opening first, not the 6-pack. To those of you that saw the kids climbing the hill by teh 6 pack, I dont those people at all;).

Today was very cold, and the mountain was ungulfed in a dupres made snow cloud that was truly a site to see. After the first run it became apparent that springs might make the best man made snow on this planet. Our first run was down Stowe and it felt so smooth, soft, and buttery,that "I can't believe its not real snow". the entire morning was pretty uncrowded, with tons of "fresh" snow to be had for everyone. Avalanche and stowe were the best skiing on the mountian IMO, with tons of "powder" everywhere and if you timed it right you could really let it rip and air of the numerous rollers on Avalanche.

Around lunch i meet up with with every Hidden Valley instructor/patroler there, and had rat pack of around 15-25 terrorizing the mountain having a blast hitting the Stowe head wall, and just being goofballs good to see all my friends again:).

By the afternoon it was crowded and bumpy, with a zipperline forming on stowe already. Butstill soft snow everywhere, i didnt hit ice at all today. The skiing limited as it was was great, mid season normally isnt this good, and it feel so good to let those metron Arc again.

See you there tomorrow:)
JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 26, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
There's a cake with candles next to your post today, 11/26. Happy Birthday Bushwacker. Ever get lift served turns before for your b-day gift? Sounds pretty great for November.
BushwackerinPA
November 26, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Yep 4 year i have lifted serviced turns before my B-day, 2 years in row now:).
BushwackerinPA
November 27, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Highlights from day 2(my birthday). North Summit slope opened with so fun crud/rollers to hit. Skiing under the lift on North Summit, through the breakable crud(make sure you break it on every turn ). I pulled a couple 360s on my Metron B5, one with a nice cross grab, it was fun to show up some of the park skier in my rat pack on my heavy ass metrons. Might be going back up today, not sure yet though.
tromano
November 27, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Hey bushwacker happy belated birth day. Looks like we all go to enjoy your present! Congrats man.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?