7s Trip report Wednesday night the 9th
4 posts
4 users
BushwackerinPA
March 10, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Well i made a last min discision while work was slowing down to head to 7springs for the second time this season and here is a quick trip report.

After skiing at Hidden valley for about an hour in the afternoon(which btw was packed powder and had way more coverage off the trails than springs) i took firetower road from HV to 7springs. For those of you with a car that goes good in the snow and some drving skill this road is a blast.

When i arrive at springs, i was disappionted that lift by goosebumps was not running, and it turns out the didnt open past lift 2 alll night or turn the lights on. My first lift ride is up the 6pack and i still wondering when i they will have a high speed quad on north summit. First run down wagner the snow is alot harder than at hidden valley but still very edgeable, it was fast typical mid winter conditions.Had a great time sking on goosebumps before they turned sun went down(requied alot of skating to do this) and skiing the bumps on tyrol. I think i am finally getting bump skiing after 3 years off trying it. Hips square, slower movements with my feet and solid pole plants, help look good and fluid(almost) in the icey bumps. I still think this place is one off the most reliable place to ski at PA, but i have never skied there on a weekend in my life and probably never will. I like the amount of terrain, the lighting is excellent, and there are some intersesting line you can take weaving in out of the pine trees and such. But i think they thined the trees alittle to much on much of the mountain last night was windy than even blue knob, and the wind blow all the snow right off the slopes.

For those of you planing late season trip here there is about 4-5 feet of snow on north face slope, i bet they stay open a weekend or 2 in april, the slopes have great coverage on them and on like other area resorts people will still ski here if there is snow.
LordHedgie
March 28, 2005
Member since 12/1/2004 🔗
49 posts
7s is planning to re-open this weekend. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether it's worth it? Having returned from Breck last night, I can say that my "Ski Trip" fund is exhausted, but I might be able to drive to 7s for one last run before summer sets in.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 29, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Go and enjoy. Snow and warm...sometimes they can make beautiful music together.
The Colonel
jimmy
March 29, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Very foggy this Saturday Morning, Conditions were wet snow. North Face GiantSteps gunner and what we saw on the front still had good coverage, never made it over to tyrol avalanche or GB.

We skied from 9 to 3 and it was worth it last Saturday. Now that I think about it I've skied these conditions quite a bit this year. Snowshoe and the local weather are calling for snow on saturday...could it be another "Perfect Storm"?
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?