4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
JCHobbes
September 12, 2005
Member since 09/12/2005 🔗
94 posts
Hi!

I've been lurking the forums for quite a while now, and finally decided to register and post, because I have some questions that I think DCSki members might be able to help me out with.

My name is Jon, I'm sixteen, and a major ski-buff.

Anyway, I'm from central Westmoreland County, PA. That's the far eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh for those of you from out of the immediate area.

My home is a good location for skiing. I'm relatively close to Laurel Mountain, Hidden Valley, Seven Springs, and Boyce Park (a really small county park ski area, but it's good for a little of variety every once and awhile)

I ski pretty much exclusively at Hidden Valley and Laurel Mountain, Seven Springs is just too crowded for me. I really like Laurel, but I've been getting season passes from Hidden Valley for the last few years, simply because of Laurel's unstable ownership over the past few years. I was planning to go to Laurel this year, but I guess they're not opening this year.

I've skied all over the area, Seven Springs, Laurel Mountain, Hidden Valley, Timberline, Canaan Valley, Killington, and Snowshoe are the places I've visited more recently, all of which I've really loved except for Seven Springs.

Anyway, I'm hoping to learn a good deal from reading this forum. And like most of you, I can't wait for the white stuff to start coming down!
BushwackerinPA
September 12, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Hey Jon nice to have you here. Another HV skier here, if you stick there this year, it woyuld be cool to meet up.
warren
September 13, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Jon,
Welcome in from the shadows!

-Warren-
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
September 13, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome aboard...think snow and let's hope the Old Farmer's Almanac is correct in forecasting a bitterly cold and snowy winter in the mid-Atlantic.
The Colonel

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.