Willi's Ski Shop to Open in Fairfax
3 posts
3 users
3k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
July 28, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I don't know how many folks saw this item posted on the Letters to the Editor site so I am copying it here. It is short on details and I note that they have not answered my email about location, date of openning, etc. But hope springs eternal that this is good news!!
The Colonel
"It is with great enthusiasm that I write to you today. Sitting on my desk next to me are the keys to our new location in the DC area.

For 35 years our family run specialty ski and snowboard shop has taken care of ski and snowboard enthusiasts. We have had the pleasure of taking care of many visiting from the DC area especially at our Seven Springs location. It seemed natural then, when the opportunity presented itself, to expand to DC so as to offer our excellent service and products to those who are already familiar with us.

Our approach to business appears to be somewhat unique these days. It is based on people and relationships; that is to say the people that work at Willi's, the people who shop at Willi's and how they relate. With this in mind we are able to create a unique shopping experience, providing enthusiasts what they truly want. It is my impression that people want simplicity, connection and problem solving. They want it to be simple to get the answers and the merchandise they need, they want to feel connected in the sense that they want to know someone will be there to help them out and they want someone who is willing to go the extra mile to solve whatever problems may arise. When I see our customers joking around with our staff, trying gear on and getting excited about the winter I realize that is a natural relationship born of mutual respect and love for their sport. These are the values my father instilled in our business years ago, is a cornerstone of our business today and comes easily to those who work with us.

As you shop with us you will see that Willi's has the best service, brands and selection. You will be well cared for as our staff shows you that if there is ever a problem they will do the right thing and get it taken care of because we truly care about making sure our customers get what they need for the slopes.

Again, I truly look forward to serving you! If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Greg Klein
WillisFairfax@yahoo.com"
jimmy
July 28, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Hey Colonel that is good news. We've shopped/bought at Willis at 7 Springs and, really they're a lot of fun. Nice people, good service i think.
GregKlein
July 28, 2005
Member since 07/26/2005 🔗
10 posts
Thanks for the emails and posts.

I will try to answer as may questions and queries as possible. There are some that I cannot answer because I don't know myself

First of all our address will be

Willi's Ski Shop
Fairfax Court
11210 James Swart Circle
Fairfax, VA 22030

The phones will be hooked up in a couple of weeks
703-385-SNOW

There is a metro stop in Fairfax, I do not know if it is in walking distance.

We intend to open mid to late September and be 100% by October 1st.

We will host a Swap Sale at the end of October. A portion of the proceeds will go to the organization of the sellers choice, Breast Cancer Research or a Club, Patrol or Ski School.

We will not be able to honor other Ski Shop's gift certificates or merchandise credits.

We will be able to offer buy backs on other stores junior equipment/leases. If you have a receipt it will help.

We will have a state of the art back shop with new tuning machines from Wintersteiger.

Our Web site is down now for a complete overhaul. I will post a message as soon as it is up again.

I cannot comment on other shops situations. I do know that they have excellent employees, but I have no information regarding their upcoming season.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Sincerely,

Greg Klein
Owner and Son
Willi's Ski Shop

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.