ski lift
22 posts
18 users
3k+ views
boarderbabe
February 7, 2005
Member since 02/7/2005 🔗
33 posts
Wow last weekend was a wonderful weekend at Timberline. It was sunny and warm and i don't know why but we all ended up in our bikinis. Now typically I have found the lifts at timberline to be the worst part but I must say i now have a different feeling about them though I am not sure exactly. Ok to start out me and my friends made some silly dares and next thing there i was at the lift getting ready to plop down my all but bare cheeks onto a very cold lift. After the initial shock the numbness began to subside and I closed my eyes and thought about how nice the sun felt. I slowly became hypnotized by the gentle rhythmic humming of the lift. Feeling the sensations starting off subtle and then slowly as the seat would approach the next ensuing tower the volume and the intensity of vibrations would increase. Finally reaching their gentle crescendo and then doing the rhytmic dance all over again in reverse, until the sensation was almost entirely gone, at which time the mantra would start again. With the 10 to twenty towers each offering their gentle peaks it was a ride i will never forget. I was taken to the top of a beautiful mountain and touched by my surroundings in a very lovely way
myrto
February 7, 2005
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
very upLIFTing
Glenn_C
February 7, 2005
Member since 11/14/2004 🔗
67 posts
I don't care if it was made up or real. In my world...IT HAPPENED, OK? Though the realist in me says you're a 50 year old overweight balding man with bad breath but I thank you for the visual nonetheless boarderbabe!
wvrocks
February 7, 2005
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
So were you the one in the light blue, the black with light blue or the black with yellow trim? Glad you were all decent snowboarders, a fall would have left some nasty roadrash. The weather was indeed very nice on Saturday. BTW, even if the original poster is 50 and overweight, the three girls and their buddies at T-line looked to be more in the 15 to 20 category. (due to the family nature of this site and possible underagedness of the ladies in question I'll refrain from posting any photos that may or may not exist)
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
snowcone
February 7, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
well myrto I don't know about you, but my main objective sitting on a lift is getting up the hill as quickly as possible in order to go back down it as quickly as possible. My rhythmic bits are saved for the swing of my poles, the timing of my turns and with my honey après ski.

I had something else I wanted to say about skin, steel seats, slow lifts and frostbite but decided not to because I don't want Scott taking my nice stars away!
Crush
February 7, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,276 posts
hmmm OK snow-cone like I see a little bit of anger but what-thehell- ok sorrry I missed U out here but really ... we ski here for real.... I have detected many pussy=holes on this - bosrd and I don't like it. Scott ... make it real.. U suck except for the above... call me if you are real .. or just write .. emosel@core.com
canaanman
February 7, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Awww... where are the bikini-clad chicks at Snowshoe hitting booters in the park. Oh, right... nonexistant.

I'm sure you made quite a few employees' day.
JohnL
February 7, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,562 posts
I'll have what she's having.
tromano
February 7, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Boarderbade,

ROFL. Well you have the wrong forum. This belongs in the stupidest things thread. I am amazed anyone took the time to post this. The "So What Factor" for this thread is off the charts. Now if the OP had pics then that would be a different story.

Crush,

You are totally incoherant. Did you just try to drown yourself in 3% suds after hearing how off the hook our apres ski scene is back here?
KevR
February 8, 2005
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Boarderbabe needs some stars for that one!

Wait -- it suddenly dawned on me -- is there a "mile high" club for skiing? I mean gondolas, trams... you know what i mean.
cheechman32
February 8, 2005
Member since 09/12/2004 🔗
27 posts
Wow....Um....no wonder the snow melted.... Anyone else seen someone earn stars that fast?
warren
February 8, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Kevin,
Uh, I've heard from some of my Ski mags that there indeed is! (if you believe them)

-Warren-
fred
February 8, 2005
Member since 12/23/2004 🔗
59 posts
Boarderbabe,

You and your two friends rock. Good to see people having fun and enjoying themselves at Timberline. I enjoy fast lifts but if slow lifts are encouraging attractive women to wear bikinis, I might have to reconsider!

Unable to let go of suggesting improvements for Timberline I've got one more idea. How about free lift tickets for customers who wear bikinis.

Improvements in snowblowing vs. more bikinis -it's a toss up if you ask me.
KevR
February 8, 2005
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Hey -- 5 stars to anyone who fesses up to a believable 'mile high' story!

(NOTE: children may be watching )
snowcone
February 8, 2005
589 posts
Nah! Crush .. not angry .. just amazed as how a racy description can instantly lower a normally intelligent male's IQ by 75 points. As for boarderbabe ... if she wants to spend her time having 'fun' on the lift rather than skiing that's all right by me. Just seems to me a terrible waste of lift space!

And .. sorry to miss you in UT last time we were out. Given the choice of cramming as much skiing as we could into the little time we had ... well, I'm sure you understand where the priorities were! Next year we will plan better. We can have my sister's condo pretty much whenever we want as long as we block the dates no later than Aug/Sept. So, Crush, when is the truly BEST time of the winter to be on the Wasatch so I can block the time for next year.
kennedy
February 8, 2005
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Hey at least she can ride from all accounts. At the 'Shoe over the weekend there were three ski bimbo's (and I use this in the sense that they were complete idiots) giggling and plowing their way through the park. Frickin gapers.
jb714
February 8, 2005
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
I'll bet she'd have drawn a lot of attention if she had been in the 'Single' line at the bottom of the lift.
rmcva
February 8, 2005
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts
Even more if her bikini would have stuck to the seat when she unloaded.
boarderbabe
February 9, 2005
Member since 02/7/2005 🔗
33 posts
Well maybe I gave the wrong impression, but regardless it was one of the magic moments that only coould have happened on the mountain. An altogether spiritual, Zen like, soulful, or whatever u choose to call it experience that only can happen in spirit of downhill energy.

Snowcone.. there is something missing from your downhill experience I think.

To the rest please don't read too much into this...

it was just one of those moments
snowcone
February 9, 2005
589 posts
boarderbabe ... nothing missing in my estimation. I can zone out on the lift with the best of them, and do certainly go all gooey over 'nature' as observed from the lift flyby. I think the difference is that, at this point in my life, I prefer to reserve my more intimate moments for more intimate surroundings.

A friend once said to me that life is not measured but the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. So ... if riding the lift in your bikini is what makes you happy and takes your breath away, then go for it. If I were some years younger who knows? .. I might just do the same thing.
jimmy
February 9, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
wvrocks wrote

Quote:

So were you the one in the light blue, the black with light blue or the black with yellow trim? Glad you were all decent snowboarders, a fall would have left some nasty roadrash. The weather was indeed very nice on Saturday. BTW, even if the original poster is 50 and overweight, the three girls and their buddies at T-line looked to be more in the 15 to 20 category. (due to the family nature of this site and possible underagedness of the ladies in question I'll refrain from posting any photos that may or may not exist)

snowcone, I think wvrocks is the one who had his breath taken away
Bumps
February 9, 2005
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
I guess it would depend on how you looked in a bikini. sorry I couldn't resist.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?