this boards got lame (not game)
23 posts
16 users
4k+ views
boarderbabe
June 27, 2006
Member since 02/7/2005 🔗
33 posts
What happened? this used to decent post and discussions. Now it is just a an adolescent rehashing of the same lame you toos. i can't remember the last time anyone postedanything that would lead to a discussion above the IQ of a college freshman the likes of bluto.
The trashing and joking on the behalf of the environment I think is the saddest display of all.
this place used to be educational and respectful.
Now it is more "fat dumb and stupid", which as we all know is "no way to go through life".
I hope it snows again some day

Till then
JimK - DCSki Columnist
June 28, 2006
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
seem to remember boarderbabe being the source of fun and entertainment on this board. Why the gloom? All this rain got you down?
Reagan National Airport reported 12 inches of rain over four days ending on Tuesday. Think of how many feet that much precip would have been if all snow
BushwackerinPA
June 28, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Yeah kinda of going to half to agree with boarderbabe even if the monsoon season in the Mid-alantic is bringING it out. My answer the to the bashing and such going here, is that alot of local ski areas are being sold, or on the chopping blocks. It turns out that people on this board would rather argue about ski areas, than discusc skiing. Despite all the drama going in these threads, there is still usefull infomation in them.

I hope you have enjoyed what I have been posting up on here, its not local but it is not drama either. This is the first web forum I ever signed up on the people on here seem inteligent(with much better spelling then me...), so I keep coming back.

two other ski/board forums to check out are

www.epicski.com
www.tetongravity.com

both have alot of usefull info on them, epicski is mostly east coast, older people, that stick to groomers, there are exceptions to that though. TGR is mostly younger people(or young at heart;)), out west like off-piste terrain and love earn your turns stuff.

with that said remember it is summer, and most snowriders are at each other throat right now due to time of year, hang in there.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
June 28, 2006
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
As for the nature of this board, well, I'm still new and stick to the topics I'm most interested in. If I contributed to the 'drama' of PA resorts being bought and sold that was not my intention. My intention was only to alert folks to latest developments in the on going attempt to re-open Laurel Mountain. I try not to engage in speculation but instead hope to share factual information.

I would disagree with Bushwacker's portrayal of Epicski as mostly 'east coast that stick to groomers' but there is a good many posters that fit that description. In my experience I found that the most prolific posters at Epic are big mountain westerners. I'm gravitating here to DCski because it is a Mid-Atlantic based site.

As for TRG, well those guys are too wild and crazy for this old fart but I share their enthusiasm for our sport and admire their dedication to their own brand of communication. They're truly a group of dedicated skier/boarders. The kids are alright.

Lately I've lost the heart to engage in controversial topic like the global warming thread. Too often little information is exchanged but a lot of political grandstanding takes place. I spend my political capital at the ballot box and the most you'll get from me is my opinion without a lot of follow-up. I don't feel compelled to defend my position or engage in what, for me, becomes a fruitless endeavor.

All in all, I think Bushwacker is right, 'tis summer and easy to be amused/abused.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
yellowdog
June 28, 2006
Member since 10/18/2004 🔗
45 posts
Awww, we're just havin' some fun raggin' on each other. Environment, schmenvironment. If it wasn't this topic, we'd be bitchin about something else. Just a bunch of guys and gals blowin' off some steam cause we're frustrated when we can't be skiing.

I kinda think of it like summer cabin fever OR if you prefer, withdrawal symptoms. Everybody will be in a better mood once we're pounding down the slopes and freezin' our a***s off.
Heather
June 28, 2006
Member since 02/24/2005 🔗
170 posts
I agree that we are only trying to pass the time quickly. Besides, I spend 8-10 hours out of every day with my professional hat on and on occasion I like to be a little "silly". As far as political discussion goes, I am very opinionated and feel that it would better suit me to voice my opinion at the voting booth as Rob has already stated. As for the "DRAMA", I didn't realize that passing on info was a bad thing or a good thing, but felt that this was a group of individuals who would appreciate and "feel my pain" regarding the ups and downs of local resorts.
jb714
June 28, 2006
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
Perhaps it's time that I start another beer thread - those are always popular, and much less controversial.
RobertW
June 28, 2006
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
Quote:

... "fat dumb and stupid"...

I believe Dean Wormer's 3 deadly sins were "fat, DRUNK and stupid". But that's just me be juvenile again.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
June 28, 2006
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
Boarderbabe - I think we're just bored. Our obsession with skiing (boarding in your case)is NOT being satisfied. It's similar to being denied sex for a very long time. We get grouchy. Once we have a few skigasms, we'll be alright. And I apologize if any of my posts get too opinionated.
boarderbabe
June 28, 2006
Member since 02/7/2005 🔗
33 posts
Robert you are sooo right. I knew whenI was writing that that it didn't sound just right.
("fat drunk and stupid") has amuch more eloquentring toit.

As for the rest of you Yeah I think the heat bringin out the bitchies in me.

But it is nice to have a differentangle to veer off in.

kinda a like a new trail.

Now if they only make a veer off of twister so boarderscould ride the bottom half of that trail instead of walking it.

Oh and by the. Would master Scott chill...
boarderbabe
June 28, 2006
Member since 02/7/2005 🔗
33 posts
I'm sure I don't know what youre talking about
Jim k
BushwackerinPA
June 29, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

Robert you are sooo right. I knew whenI was writing that that it didn't sound just right.

Now if they only make a veer off of twister so boarderscould ride the bottom half of that trail instead of walking it.

I say just cut off and boad through people yars and build a jump over the road;)

actually on skis that trail ending is annoying, I couldnt imagine it on a board.
Scott - DCSki Editor
June 29, 2006
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Quote:

Excuse me?
JohnL
June 29, 2006
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:

I believe Dean Wormer's 3 deadly sins were "fat, DRUNK and stupid". But that's just me be juvenile again.

Holy shith. Holy shith. Who drove the Death Mobile through DCSki's parade? I think the answer for the summer doldrums is

Toga Party!

If that fails, then

Road Trip!
RobertW
June 29, 2006
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
"You want to have your stinking parade in my town, you'll have to pay!"

Perhaps we can get MountainMasher and the Potato(e)s to play the toga party.
bawalker
June 29, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Boarders unite! And find something to do till November. At least I sprained my ankle now and not in mid-Dec.

Quote:

jimmy
June 29, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
boarderbabe, i feel so sorry for ya; seems like you were getting something here that u enjoyed and now ur not getting it anymore??let me know, i can help . I've spent a good bit of time the last several years fat drunk and stupid and i can tell you won thing, fat drunk and stupid is much more fun than sober and broke .

"god save the snowman"
Crush
June 29, 2006
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
... LOUD NOISES! I ... I ... I love lamp! I love carpet.
boarderbabe
June 29, 2006
Member since 02/7/2005 🔗
33 posts
Thank you Jimmy,
And master Scott it's ok, I know you are chillin' as best you know how

Is it hot in here or is it just....
gizmosnow
June 29, 2006
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
Quote:

["god save the snowman"]

So...you've been listening to some of that Clarks music that Bushwacker introduced in another thread??
BushwackerinPA
June 30, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
cause his teeth are falling out
his nose on the ground
and his head is in the clouds.
jimmy
July 1, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Clarks? ok i'll play , here's from one i've been touting for the theme song at Moonshine Mountain........

"Leave for the country let the day begin......

And I wanna be like Mercury
With the wind blowin' through my hair

Swim up the river to the cedar trees
Follow the sun and catch a nice cool breeze
Bicycle trail only runs so far
This is a place you can't get by car

And I wanna be like Mercury
With the wind blowin' through my hair

Walk through the woods on a moonlit night
I carry a compass and a small flashlight
Deliver my message in a mason jar
Planting my seeds they're growing star to star....."
queenoftheslopes
July 6, 2006
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
Geez. I have not posted for awhile and I miss a lot it seems...

sigh, I too miss such riveting conversations like "have you seen my thong"

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.