Timberline 2/12
14 posts
9 users
1k+ views
Bumps
February 13, 2005
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
I thought I posted something last night, but I must of hit the wrong button, so this is version 2. I rolled out of bed late Saturday morning. Since I got up late, I started out a little after 8AM with the intention of only going to Bryce. It was such a wonderful day and I was making good time so I decided to go on over to Timberline. I arrived at Timber line at about 11:30-1200. Except for a little wind the conditions were perfect. Upper white lighting and upper thunder struck were the most challenging of the groomed slopes. Although the lower portion of almost heaven was actually a little bumped up as well and fairly fun late in the day. Upper almost heaven and upper dew drop were both a little icy at the top from the wind but was a more powdery about half way down. BTW, you could see for miles from upper dew drop, very cool! Off the wall was off the hook. It had whale backs down the center that were around 7 feet high. It was icy at the top. The edges were powdery from about the half point and the whale backs ended about way down. I only saw a couple of skiers who could actually attack it with confidence. I did it a couple times but never really got to were I could link more than 2-3 turns without stopping. I had to stop and watch one kid who caught air on every whale back. I was pretty impressed. The parking attendant told me it was the busiest time they've had all year. They had me park in the grass beside on of the condo's. The lift lines were long, but I didn't have any problems on the slopes. Speaking of the lines, this had to be one of the politest crowds I've ever been around. Everyone was being real good about tripling up and taking turns. So the lift lines became only a minor inconvenience.
Bumps
February 13, 2005
538 posts
oh ya I forgot to mention that about halfway up the lift that takes you to the top there were womens underware (bra, panties, thong), along with a scarf thrown into the trees. I guess it was another one of those spontaneous expressions of freedom.
skiTLINE
February 14, 2005
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
those must have been dropped off by boarderbabe
nakedskier
February 14, 2005
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
93 posts
Maybe I'm just crazy but doesn't just about every mountain have a tree like that? I've been past many a trees on a lift where there is a huge collection of bra's and panties. I've even seen tighty whitey's and mardi gras beads in the branches!

I make it a game with the gf. We try to find the tree at each resort with the collection. Whoever finds it first has to buy the first round!
warren
February 14, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Tline,

That's a good one!

-Warren-
warren
February 14, 2005
485 posts
naked,
I know what you mean. I believe that it's at Solitude where there is a tree just FULL of panties, bras, etc. They've been there a while tough as last year they were looking pretty weathered!

-Warren-
kennedy
February 14, 2005
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I know 7 springs has such a tree, this year I saw some on the Shays/Cupp lift at SS and I've seen it at Vail. I gotta ask though what exactly is the tradition behind it?
warren
February 14, 2005
485 posts
I was going to ask the same thing? Apparently, some people's lift rides are a LOT more interesting than mine

-Warren-
jimmy
February 14, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
OK i gotta ask, what's the most memorable item you've seen in the "Trophy Tree"?
canaanman
February 14, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
I've always thought it was the result of the "Panty Run"... you simply take the undergarments when the female is not looking and then toss them into the liftside "Trophy Tree" the next day for everyone to see.
Bumps
February 14, 2005
538 posts
That is what I love about this site I learn something new everyday. I never realized this was so common. I just usually get to see the normal assortment of poles and gloves.
Rickh
February 15, 2005
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
The Thong @ TLine this weekend was the ticket.

But, when your 6 yr old boy start asking questions as to why, it's a tough answer

I haven't seen it in person, but a buddy has a picture of a tree at Steamboats that looks completely covered...
jb714
February 15, 2005
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
Two years ago in late-March (post-Mardi Gras) I took my 2 daughters (ages 7 and 10 at that time) to Wisp one Saturday. On our first ride up the right-most of the 2 lifts that go up Squirrel Cage, I spotted 'the Tree' - it had a bra and a set of Mardi Gras beads (Boarderbabe: The Prequel?). Even though we rode that lift probably a dozen or more times that day, I managed to keep my daughters occupied every time so they didn't spot the stuff. I'm not sure how I'd have answered their questions.
Rickh
February 15, 2005
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
I was riding with my two boys ages 6 and 9, the 9 year old actually answered. "Adult Humor".

I'm in trouble!!!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.