Whitetail Report evening 1/26/05
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 27, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I was there last night conducting a clinic and it is amazing what they have done with the last 2 weeks or so of snow making weather. I read Scott's report this morning and heartily agree. Now is the time to get out there. Hopefully all other mid Atlantic resorts have taken similar advantage of the cold spell. We skied from 7 til about 9:30, starting on Snowpark and working our way over to finish on Exhibition, which is bumped up very nicely. The snow was still soft at 7 and firmed up pretty good by 9, however there was no ice.
tomimcmillar
January 27, 2005
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
Yo Denis,

Let me know when you're gonna be up at WT again, maybe hook it up for a few runs.

Any plans to go visit Chip?
Very sliiiiiim chance I'll run down there this wknd, probably next if conditions suit.

T
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 27, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Tom, I am really itching to get out and do some WV backcountry. Haven't been yet this year. Whether I go this weekend depends on whether the cough I have been fighting gets worse or better. I feel fine but it is a nasty cough.

I am normally at WT leading a clinic every Wed. evening. It is for the instructors in our ski school, TASC - Teen Adventures Skiing and Camping. Before and after the 7-9 scheduled time I'd love to meet & do a few runs. I am always recognizable by the green & black plaid swatch flying from one pole strap and the red & white Mad River Glen bumper stickers wrapped around both pole shafts. On clinic nights I use alpine equipment. I am not much for planned meetings (which have a way of taking up time without working out) but am always easy to find. Even during the clinic itself, ski up & say hello and then I'll know you next time. This goes for any DCSkier.
tromano
January 27, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I want to hit up WT for another day of skiing before next weeks rain. Unfortunatly I am also suffering from the cough going arround. If my recovery continues I will be there, probbaly on Sunday.
tomimcmillar
January 28, 2005
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
Denis,

Will keep my eyes open if I make it down on a Weds.

Was thinking about WV this wknd, but it was a slim chance from the get go. Now I've got a mild muscle pull that's making for a tender knee, so I'm gonna stick close to home for sure this wknd. Roundtop tonight and tomorrow, then some needed rest/healing while this warm shot of weather rolls thru. Probably back on the hill next Thurs/Fri, maybe go visit Chip that wknd if conditions suit. Only been down once this year....

T
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?