February 11, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
warren
February 11, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Denis,
Man, I hope your ankle is OK. Like you said, there's still a lot of fun skiing left this season. I had mentioned to my wife that I wanted to go to Whitetail and take the first day on board lessons. She said that with our Whistler trip coming (and as of yesterday, Utah also!! ) it might not be a good idea to hurt something before that. Anyway, here's hoping that ankle feels better sooner vs later!

-Warren-
tomimcmillar
February 11, 2005
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
damn Denis.

Ice Ice baby.
elevate and wrap it up.

but you already know that....

So no WhiteGrass this wknd?
Looks to be a bit better than last wknd.

T
JR
February 11, 2005
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
Yeah, sorry to hear about your ankle. You seem like a pretty experience person around snow sports and equipment so this probably wasn't your problem but I'll throw it out there just in case.

When I first started boarding I got a board off of a friend for cheap and the boots were older/less supportive, and about half a size too big. They still seemed pretty snug though when I tightened the laces and cranked down the straps on the bindings. Everytime I crashed hard, which was alot, my ankles would hurt more than anything, especially when sliding on your stomach and trying to dig in to stop yourself. Anyway, when I got new equipment with more supportive boots that were a perfectly snug fit it made all the difference during a crash and my ankles never take the brunt of a fall anymore.

Like I said, you might a good fit anyway but the fit of a snowboard boot is often overlooked and makes a HUGE difference with the safety of your ankles. Hope you heal quick.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
February 11, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Yeah, Tom. Whitegrass is out for this weekend in the interest of healing fast and not losing the rest of the season. Dang. Someday we're going to manage to be there at the same time and make some turns together.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.