7 Springs - Feb 21, 2024
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
2 months ago
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

I must say, after years of envying all of you who can ski during the week, it was worth the wait.

A small group of 4 of us hit 7S this morning. No lines, no crowds,  bluebird skies and low 30s at 9AM. We skied up to every lift and never waited more than a minute or two.

The snow was nice in the morning except for a few spots where made snow. It was that sticky stuff that creeps up on you and grabs a bit. We spent most of our time on the trails of the Gunnar Lift. Most had pretty good coverage but there are a few bare and thin spots.

After lunch, temps rose into the low 50s. Things turned to mashed potatoes quickly. Not our cup of tea so we bailed around 2ish.

It will be interesting to see how they hold up through this next warm spell / rain. There are a few trails that were a little dicey.

Years past, we were only able to ski 7S on weekends and were not big fans of the crowds. Given our newfound flexibility, we plan to frequent it on a more regular basis. Maybe one day, we'll even learn the trail names.

Here's a few pics I snapped:

1708555936_ieebtrxtjtkq.jpg

1708555958_ijkllvevfkjy.jpg

1708556000_riqsedmiboma.jpg

1708556022_plvdczutlnrw.jpg

oddballstocks
2 months ago
Member since 02/11/2017 🔗
123 posts

This is the way to do it!

We only ski the springs Sunday afternoons, or week nights with the exception of Friday night.

Glad you enjoyed it!  It's dumping rain today but lows are supposed to drop into the teens and low 20s, so hopefully they can repair the base a little.

Crush
2 months ago
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
Sweet! Glad yo caught it!
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
2 months ago
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Nice day out there, Blue Don 1982! Hard to beat the combination of good snow, pleasant weather, and nonexistent lift lines. Your pictures tell the story: bluebird day

Welcome to your "newfound flexibility". Enjoy!

Woody

needawax
2 months ago
Member since 04/19/2019 🔗
36 posts

I was there with my son - same day.  We ski at HV every weekend, but wanted to hit 7S at least once during midweek / low crowds.  As much as 7S snowmaking gets bashed, I was impressed by the coverage they had and the snow quality was actually pretty decent.  Despite not being fully open, you could get around most of the front and back and enjoy a lot of varied terrain.  Always a plus having virtually no lift lines and no chaos inside the goggle.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.