Timberline on Wednesday January 5?
5 posts
4 users
2k+ views
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
January 4, 2022
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Hoping to get back onto the snow after the holiday blowtorch.  Aiming for Timberline on Wednesday January 5.

Today (Tuesday 1/4) Timberline has reopened.  Open runs from the top are Upper Dew Drop and White Lightning so far.

If anyone has firsthand information about other runs opening, please post! Thanks.

Woody

mdr227
January 4, 2022
Member since 01/11/2016 🔗
193 posts

I don't have any inside information, but they will surely push to get Upper Salamander open quickly and any of the other runs that were open before they had to shut down hopefully soon as well as they already would have had a base on them.  

bousquet19 wrote:

Hoping to get back onto the snow after the holiday blowtorch.  Aiming for Timberline on Wednesday January 5.

Today (Tuesday 1/4) Timberline has reopened.  Open runs from the top are Upper Dew Drop and White Lightning so far.

If anyone has firsthand information about other runs opening, please post! Thanks.

Woody

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
January 5, 2022
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

I ended up skiing at Timberline today - Wednesday January 5.  TL’s snow report wasn’t posted by the time I left home around 7 am, but I figured they’d be the best game in the region.

Three TTB routes were open: White Lightning to Whiteout, Upper and Lower Dew Drop, and Upper and Lower Thunderstruck.  The green route from the quad (Mid Mountain  Crossroad + Whiteout) was also open.  Salamander and Twister had new machine-made snow, but what I could see didn’t looked groomed yet.  (Saving for Friday and the weekend? Maybe so.)

Not much of a crowd until after 12, when the wait grew to all of about 45 seconds or so.  The snow surfaces were OK - or, in the cases of White Lightning and Whiteout, very pleasant through the noon hour.

Nice recovery from the warm weather, T-line.  I’m looking forward to adding Twister and Salamander to the mix. (Ummm … how about posting the snow report earlier.  Can you?)

Woody

Argent - DCSki Supporter 
January 7, 2022
Member since 12/20/2018 🔗
19 posts
I'll be at Timberline Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully the great conditions will make up for any crowds. It can't be worse than Snowshoe during the Christmas/New Year week.
Patf1engineer
January 7, 2022
Member since 01/23/2018 🔗
61 posts

We might go on Sunday but the weather in the morning is looking kind of funky, might be freezing rain

Argent wrote:

I'll be at Timberline Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully the great conditions will make up for any crowds. It can't be worse than Snowshoe during the Christmas/New Year week.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?