Wintergreen will open this Wednesday
6 posts
4 users
3k+ views
wgo
January 4, 2016
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

WTG just posted on their blog - (re) opening day will be this Wednesday at noon. Planning on being there by 3 pm or so.

crgildart
January 4, 2016
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

Thanks.  I was poking around thier sige and FB page this morning looking for that info.  I should be there MLK day with a bunch of boy scouts.

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
January 4, 2016
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

he is a brave man.  scouts.  mlk.  wintergreen.   the perfect storm.   hope you get in two runs :)

crgildart
January 4, 2016 (edited January 4, 2016)
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

pagamony wrote:

he is a brave man.  scouts.  mlk.  wintergreen.   the perfect storm.   hope you get in two runs :)

This will be my third MLK day there with the troop.  Ya, by 11am the lines were pretty substantial.  Expressway wasn't that bad though.  I'll hide out over there with my just now getting beyond beginner terrain daughter and let the boys loose on Acorn and Highlands to meet up with them mid afternoon when it's time to round up the crew and head home.

If highlands isn't open yet??? GOD HELP US HAHAHAHA!

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 4, 2016
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Wintergreen is blowing snow on a couple Highlands trails right now!  Come on DCSkiers, don't be so negative!  Most of the resorts are doing the best they can given past weather conditions, Be Thankful for whatever they can get us!

wgo
January 7, 2016
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Made it out for a couple hours Wednesday afternoon. Good first day - although only Dobie and Eagles swoop were open, the snow was nice and we had a good time. My daughter and I also made it onto a news segment:

http://wset.com/news/local/lifts-up-and-running-at-wintergreen

She's in the pink coat, I am in the brown coat skiing up behind the reporter at the beginning of the on-slope part of the segment.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.