Seven Springs Question
3 posts
3 users
skidmo
September 28, 2004
Member since 10/10/2003 🔗
32 posts
A different type of "crowds" question on Seven Springs. Despite havng lived in DC my whole life, I've never made it to Seven Springs. This year, I was going to try and get the family up there for a weekend. I'm pretty sure I know what to expect on the slopes crowdwise, but how are the crowds for the non-ski activities on a typical (meaning no major dumps recently), non-holiday weekend in either January or February. For example, pool, putt-putt, bowling, tubing). Will it be crazy or reasonable?
shearer519
September 28, 2004
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
149 posts
skidmo,

I have spent many weekends up at Seven Springs so I may be able to help you out. Typical the resort is busy but never overcrowded. The bowling alleys are the only place that typical gets a crowd. Even though it gets a little crowded I have never waited more then a half hour for a lane. Mini Golf, Roller Skating, and the Arcades never have any kind of wait on them. From what I have seen of the pool it never seams too bad. Most of the restaurants don't usual have a wait for them. I can't really say how crowded the snow tubing is because I have never done it. Basically unless there is a major event going on it should be bustling but not to the point where you will feel overcrowded.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
September 28, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Other diversions you might want to do with the family...a horse drawn sleigh ride through the woods, snow tubing...and you can make reservations for both of these.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?