Good skiing @ Seven Springs President's weekend?
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
threehearts
February 11, 2005
Member since 02/11/2005 🔗
2 posts
Any advice appreciated. My husband took our 2 kids to 7Springs several weeks ago and wants to take my son alone for the long weekend as he is familiar w/the mountain now. I am reading about poor snow conditions recently and am wondering if it will be worth it(only avail. accom. is > $300/night). Please let me know your prediction. Appreciate the help. By the way, we live in DC and he would drive up.
jb714
February 11, 2005
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
Barring a major warmup, 7 Springs should be in good shape for President's Weekend. The 6-to-10-day forecast calls for mild temps and a little rain Mon/Tue, then a return to seasonable temps mid-week, and colder temps leading into Pres Weekend. Of course, long-range forecasts can be a little unreliable, but 7 Springs can recover very quickly from a warmup - today's Snow Report says they cranked out 8" of machine snow last night. As far as lodging prices, you might want to check on some of the chain hotels in Somerset (about 25-30 minutes East of 7 Springs). Granted that isn't quite the same atmosphere as staying right at the resort, but it also won't run you $300 per night. Somerset has some lower-end hotels (Super-8, Days Inn,etc) and I think some slightly nicer places like maybe a Ramada or Holiday Inn.
threehearts
February 11, 2005
Member since 02/11/2005 🔗
2 posts
jb714- Thanks so much for the suggestions. Threehearts
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
February 11, 2005
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,578 posts
You might want to check out MountainResortProperties.com. They manage condo rentals at 7Springs and Hidden Valley. You could try staying at Hidden Valley, that way if you find it too crowded at 7Springs you could give Hidden Valley's skiing a try. 7Springs can get pretty crazy on holiday weekends.
Roy
February 12, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Poor snow conditions are also relative to the user. Some of us recently may have said conditions were poor but that doesn't mean skiable. Down here, we'll ski just about anything. The recent cold has helped many resorts as they were able to crank open the guns again so I'm sure 7 Springs will be ok.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.