PhysicsMan
September 13, 2004
Member since 11/20/2001 🔗
218 posts
JimK - DCSki Columnist
September 13, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Wow. Site redesign already paying dividends in quality of forum discourse.
kennedy
September 13, 2004
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
You got your formatting a little wrong. This is a ski site, you should have mentioned first that you were basically paying for everything then listed your requirements. If I wasn't already engaged I'd be locking down on that proposal right now.
PhysicsMan
September 13, 2004
Member since 11/20/2001 🔗
218 posts
Quote:

Wow. Site redesign already paying dividends in quality of forum discourse.

I suspect that most guys probably had another kind of ####course in mind when they read her message.

Tom / PM
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 13, 2004
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Once upon a simpler time this was pretty much the job description of an Austrian ski instructor when a woman signed up for a week long private. To do this required that he be reimbursed handsomely. This is strictly hearsay on my part; I'm not Austrian.
jimmy
September 13, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
ski_mistress, you lost me with qualification #2. Does your mother ski?
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 13, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Quote:

Post deleted by Scott

So, as you can see, I had to make my first editorial decision on the "new" Message Forums. As much as I was entertained by Ski_Mistress's message, DCSki is a family site and is read by skiers and snowboarders of all ages. It's not a dating service. Ski_Mistress: please don't take my deleting your message personally, but there are other sites that are probably more appropriate for your message.

Thanks,

- Scott (yeah, I'm the one that gets to rain on this parade..)
snowcone
September 14, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Thanks Scott.

I know the guys probably had fun with the post but I was discomfited by its contents and agree that the post was not suitable for DCSki. It must be difficult for sites such as DCSki and EpicSki to keep the trolls out and I know sometimes they slip in anyway. Thanks again.
warren
September 14, 2004
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Scott,
When I saw this post , I used the notify moderator feature. Did you get it?

-Warren-
bawalker
September 14, 2004
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Dang it, there goes my only shot at ever meeting a woman to marry who likes snow. LOL

Seriously though stuff like that needs to be kept off of here and Scott did a good job in deleting it.
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 15, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Quote:

Scott,
When I saw this post , I used the notify moderator feature. Did you get it?

-Warren-

Hi Warren,

I didn't, although I'm not sure what mechanism it would try to use to send the note to me. I didn't specify an admin e-mail address when I configured the Forums, because that would cause it to display the address -- which would soon be harvested by spam bots. So that may explain why the message didn't get through.

If you go to:

http://www.dcski.com/about/contact.php

That has my e-mail address (encoded in an image, so spambots won't see it). That's the best way to reach me.

Thanks,

- Scott
Ski_Mistress
October 11, 2004
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
3 posts
I would like to apologize to the DCSki community. It was my first time to the site as I haphazardly searched the internet for a Greater Washington area ski message board. The post was not up very long, so hopefully too many people were not "tainted" by the site of my ad. As for the others, thank you for your compliments. Lastly, for the other 500 hits, if you Private Message me I can send you the ad. It was a serious inquiry from a lonely 20-something female skier. Again, my apologies.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?