Folks New or Recent to DCSki
7 posts
5 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 3, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I have noticed a surge in the new folks posting to DCSki over the past couple of weeks. If you have not been scared off by the recent goings on with the WV Environmentist thread, I call you attention to the "Ice Breaker" thread which exists for newbies to introduce themselves and tell other DCSkiers a little about themselves...such as location, where ski/ride the most, interests, etc.
Thanks,
The Colonel \:\)
schlittenfahrten
February 3, 2008
Member since 07/26/2005 🔗
24 posts
No one should be scared or intimidated. Strong opinions are good, and you can always ignore the ignorant.
jimmy
February 4, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Colonel, I missed the fireworks, the offensive posts were deleted before i got a chance to read them and frankly i'm glad they were. I now see that a hole string of posts were deleted, including scott's interjection into the discussion. I am glad the entire thread wasn't deleted because there was and continues to be good discussion there........but it bothers me a bit that scott alluded to the numerous complaints he received re: that thread and I have always felt that the suitablity of the content on dcski has been for the most part self enforcing. What bothers me is that instead of someone on the forum telling andy to shut up or sober up or lou to have a soy capp and cool off, someone pings the moderator and complains. I missed this in real time so maybe i'm just full of it but I wonder if it was forum regulars crying to Scott?....if it wasn't the best way to make dcski better is for all u new users and lurkers to register and make some posts, participate and join our community.

edit: maybe someone tried to stop this by PM and was unsucessful?? if so thanks for trying.
fishnski
February 4, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
fartman..You made one of those Ignorant posts when you 1st butted your way into this...How in the hell do you know what I have accomplished in my life..Or how much money i make or have? or how my fellow human beings that I have direct contact with feel about me.Believe me when i say i am doing my best to ignore you & any other derogatory comments directed my way out of respect to DCSKI...if you were so alarmed you should watch what you say also & that goes for the rest of you....This has been as nice as I can get.....oh by the way Farten..i own a very nice 2nd home up in CV, i do not come from WV as you thought..i'm from the DC area originally & now live at the Beach down here in SE NC...I have a great life I hope you are having the same!
schlittenfahrten
February 4, 2008
24 posts
Ready, set... I just hit "ignore this user"... Bye.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
February 4, 2008
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
When some folks start making ignorant, racist comments, it time for some policing.
schlittenfahrten
February 5, 2008
24 posts
Scott is doing quite well and he gets involved sometimes. But the best cure for a fool is to ignore him/her. Especially when they're looking for a fight and you don't satisfy that hunger. He can't rant all he wants but I put him on ignore. Having said that, racist overtones don't belong in any conversation, especially when it involves both a friend and one of the nicest guys in the planet.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.