Reminder: DCSki Rules of Conduct
15 posts
13 users
1k+ views
Scott - DCSki Editor
January 10, 2021
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

For over 20 years, the DCSki Forums have been a place where winter sports enthusiasts can gather to exchange their thoughts and suggestions on ski-related topics.  The success of the Forums is dependent on users being kind, courteous, supportive, and professional towards each other, even when they disagree on specific topics.

When readers request a DCSki account, they specifically agree to the DCSki Rules of Conduct.  As a reminder, these Rules are:

• Be polite and kind to one another, even those with opposing viewpoints.
  • DCSki is a family friendly site. Please only post content that is suitable for all ages.
  • Profanity or vulgar language is unacceptable.
  • Personal attacks against other individuals are not allowed.
  • Good-natured ribbing is fine, but bullying is not. Your posts should be respectful to your peers.
  • You should not post information that you know or suspect to be inaccurate.
  • You should not post any copyrighted content unless you have permission to do so.
  • You should not post anything of a commercial nature, such as spam or advertisements.
  • DCSki is about celebrating our shared passion for skiing, so please stick to topics related to that and steer clear of politics or other divisive topics.

It's never my intent to enforce these Rules with a heavy hand, and as humans we all mess up from time to time and allow emotions to get high.  I occasionally reach out to posters privately to caution them when they begin to demonstrate a pattern of violating these Rules.  If someone repeatedly violates these Rules, even after being warned, their posting privileges will be revoked.  Thankfully, I've rarely had to do that -- only a few times in DCSki's history.

Vermont
January 10, 2021 (edited January 10, 2021)
Member since 12/26/2019 🔗
174 posts

Scott wrote:

For over 20 years, the DCSki Forums have been a place where winter sports enthusiasts can gather to exchange their thoughts and suggestions on ski-related topics.  The success of the Forums is dependent on users being kind, courteous, supportive, and professional towards each other, even when they disagree on specific topics.

When readers request a DCSki account, they specifically agree to the DCSki Rules of Conduct.  As a reminder, these Rules are:

• Be polite and kind to one another, even those with opposing viewpoints.
  • DCSki is a family friendly site. Please only post content that is suitable for all ages.
  • Profanity or vulgar language is unacceptable.
  • Personal attacks against other individuals are not allowed.
  • Good-natured ribbing is fine, but bullying is not. Your posts should be respectful to your peers.
  • You should not post information that you know or suspect to be inaccurate.
  • You should not post any copyrighted content unless you have permission to do so.
  • You should not post anything of a commercial nature, such as spam or advertisements.
  • DCSki is about celebrating our shared passion for skiing, so please stick to topics related to that and steer clear of politics or other divisive topics.

It's never my intent to enforce these Rules with a heavy hand, and as humans we all mess up from time to time and allow emotions to get high.  I occasionally reach out to posters privately to caution them when they begin to demonstrate a pattern of violating these Rules.  If someone repeatedly violates these Rules, even after being warned, their posting privileges will be revoked.  Thankfully, I've rarely had to do that -- only a few times in DCSki's history

I strongly recommend an end to contributing to this site as it’s like advertisers having input on what is on TV stations, it really makes it seem like people who pay don’t get heckled bye the sites manager like I did and I am really looking into other options  for sites where it’s easy to post pictures 

Vermont
January 10, 2021
Member since 12/26/2019 🔗
174 posts
After that many years and you still can’t make this as user friendly as free sites that have better content because people are not valued for their fiscal contributions 
Scott - DCSki Editor
January 10, 2021
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

I started to type a reply to this, but realized I don't need to.  Readers of DCSki can make their own judgment.

Persistent bullying of other users will not be tolerated on this site.

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2021
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Vermont, with all due respect, you clearly don’t like this site or being bound by its rules of conduct.  Despite evidence to the contrary, you make false accusations about the purported role of contributors and advertisers.

Those of us who visit DCSki, whether we post or simply read, do so because we enjoy the site and each other’s fellowship. You seem to be of a different mind, and you are entitled to your perspective.  But why visit this website when you dislike it so much? You might find other sites more to your liking.

Peace,

Woody

Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2021
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Vermont, you have often claimed that you want to take this site to the next level but all you've done on a consistent level is attack another member

Well said, Woody. Vermont, your constant attacks on a member here amounts to cyberbullying. You've repeatedly disrespected the site owner. You misconstrue his gentle reminders of site rules. You express dissatisfaction with the site's functionality. Obviously, there is a lot about this community that you don't like. If your intent is to make this site a better place you have a strange way of going about it.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2021
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Scott, you waaaaay more patience than I.  I would have shown that user the door months ago.  

Scott wrote:

I started to type a reply to this, but realized I don't need to.  Readers of DCSki can make their own judgment.

Persistent bullying of other users will not be tolerated on this site.

Goback todc
Member since 12/8/2020 🔗
30 posts

In the rules and guidelines, I read personal attacks against individuals will not be allowed. I have just read 3 supporters personally attacking a non supporting user. 

Rules for thee but not for me.

I am obviously not referencing Scott, I truly appreciate your work on this site. Thank you.

Reisen
January 10, 2021
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

I’ll only add that I have been coming to the site for nearly 16 years now, starting as an aggressive youngster in my 20s and moving through the stages of life to a married father now skiing with my kids. I have found it very valuable in so many areas: resort info, conditions, best routes to get there, etc. 

There is a reason people like me keep coming back, even when there are other options (the former Epicski, pugski, SkiSE, etc). If you live in the mid-A, dcski has better content than anywhere I have found. Add to that a fair amount of content about destination resorts out west, and I think the value speaks for itself. 

dwm8a
January 10, 2021
Member since 02/23/2017 🔗
55 posts

Reisen wrote:

I’ll only add that I have been coming to the site for nearly 16 years now, starting as an aggressive youngster in my 20s and moving through the stages of life to a married father now skiing with my kids. I have found it very valuable in so many areas: resort info, conditions, best routes to get there, etc. 

There is a reason people like me keep coming back, even when there are other options (the former Epicski, pugski, SkiSE, etc). If you live in the mid-A, dcski has better content than anywhere I have found. Add to that a fair amount of content about destination resorts out west, and I think the value speaks for itself. 

+1

ksampson3
January 10, 2021
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts
Can't you just boot the guy already? I get so tired of reading his whining posts. There's the door - use it.
Crush
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

WHAAAT!

I can't believe we are having this conversation.

Please remember that it's Scott's server and he set the most reasonable rules.

I'm probably one of the most wackadoo-Jack Kerouac-annoying-contrarian-boozing-partying-pain:in:the:xxx-posters that Scott sighs over and says "not again" but really we can't have this.

Respect this site and all of us. DCSKI is the only thing we have and people that don't respect are killing something very important.

I feel Vermont and get what he is saying but let us settle down a little; this is about the joy of two boards ( errr or just one ) under your feet sliding down a mountain of ecstasy where ever you are. Something just you and I know about ... a secret society that must be cherished and protected, not ripped apart.

Let's treat each other with love and kindness --  what we would all ask of our brothers and sisters that live the snow sport dream.

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2021
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I’m with you Crush.  +++
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2021
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
Vermont - we're here to talk about skiing by God. What's there to get angry about? Chill baby, chill!
eggraid
January 13, 2021
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts
I love the new site, I personally, found it pretty easy to post pics, something that I was never able to do on the old site. Thanks for the upgrade, and lets keep things positive!
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?