Utah Skiing Lodging
7 posts
3 users
Roy
August 24, 2004
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
The end of summer is near and I am already planning my end of winter trip.

Does anyone know of any rental companies in Utah? I know the resorts have their own but I'm looking for access to the Mon-N-Pop rental places. I find these generally have better prices and can be better places to stay.

Preferably, we are looking at Alta/Snowbird for the thrill of skiing two mountains. But we are open to any suggestions as none of us have been to Utah.
snowcone
August 24, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
You might try ... Identity Properties ... My sister lists her condo in Park City with these people and she is pleased with their management. I friend of mine went thru them for a rental last March and was very satisfied with the service. They have several buildings, a couple of which are right on the plaza at the PayDay lift. Others are further away, some within walking distance; others are serviced by the Park City shuttle system.

My experiences with them have been positive; friendly knowledgeable bookers and good condo service.
warren
August 24, 2004
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Roy,
I've stayed at the Homewood Suites on Fort Union Blvd in Midvale. They're comfortable, quiet and close (about 1/2 hour) to both Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons (ie: Solitude, Brighton, and Snowbird/Alta). It's not Mom-n-Pop but they have a living room area with a fireplace (gas), pull-out queen (or double). Also there's a kitchen with a full-size fridge, sink, and stove along with utensils and dishes and a table for 4. Here's their Web Page if your interested.

-Warren-
Roy
August 25, 2004
609 posts
Thanks snowcone and Warren. I'll check them both out.
warren
August 25, 2004
485 posts
Roy,
No problem. I hope it all works out well.

-Warren-
Roy
October 5, 2004
609 posts
If anyone is interested...

I found a mom-n-pop website that gives listings for rentals all over the country. It is Vacation Rentals by Owner . I have not rented from anyone on it yet but I'd say it's just as reliable as the classifieds in Powder magazine.
warren
October 5, 2004
485 posts
Roy,
Cool site. The next time I go to Utah, I'll have to check this out...

Thanks,
-Warren-

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?