Lost River on NBC Fleecing of America
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
bawalker
July 21, 2004
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
As some of you all know I have been working very closely with www.savelostriver.org as a way to help stop 5 dams from being built on the lost river watershed area and tributaries. At most these 5 dams would only control 34% of the entire water in the Lost River valley area and would serve to help instill more nitrogen and lower water quality of which is then drained directly into the Potomac for you guys downstream.

Anyway in our fight to stop this we went to court last week to stop the petition of right to entry that the soil conservation service filed against everyone to do soil sample tests of which we won. Afterwards we were in contact with NBC Nightly News to have this on a segment of NBC's Fleecing of America segment (remember $60 million total federal tax dollars would be spent on all 5 dams total). So yesterday Fred Francis and his video/audio crew showed up spending from 1-9 doing nothing but interviews, video taping the Lost River valley area, one of the completed dam sites, and another one that is under construction.

The way they held interviews reminds me possibly that this may be a Dateline segment as well. I encourage *EVERYONE* to watch this ( no not just because I'm on there being interviewed ) but because this along with new zoning laws going into affect will adversly affect any of you all who are planning to travel or stay in this area.

The broadcast on NBC won't be for another 1-3 weeks but I'll know ahead of time and will have a reminder.
warren
July 21, 2004
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Brad,
I look forward to it. Please let us know when it's on!

-Warren-
JohnL
July 21, 2004
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Were you wearing your DCSki baseball hat during the interview?
bawalker
July 21, 2004
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Quote:

Were you wearing your DCSki baseball hat during the interview?

I swear I had that thought about halfway through when Fred Francis was asking me a question and I thought "hrm, advertise for my own business (www.modemnet.net) or DCSki.com?"

lol

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?