Anybody hitting Roundtop Sunday?
6 posts
3 users
Otto
March 19, 2004
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
I am.

Maybe its my personality or just bad luck, but I spent a lot of time skiing alone between lessons this past winter. It got old.

I plan to go to Roundtop on Sunday, and if anybody here is going there Sun. I would be happy to meet someone new and take some runs.

If the bump runs are skiable, I will be on them. If you are out there, keep an eye out for a guy with yellow boots, a blue fade to silver leedom helmet and either a black and blue vest or a purple jacket. I may or may not be with a tall and thin black guy who is one hell of a skier.

Anyway, after all the years reading this forum, I think it would be real kick to meet and ski with a DCSki regular (Besides Jim Chen!).
KevR
March 22, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Well how was it? From the webcam, it looks quite inviting, with bright sunshine and glittering white snow. I wish I could have made it myself this weekend but events transpired against me for once... dag it!

Oh well, now what are we to do?

[Confused]
Otto
March 22, 2004
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
Slushy in some spots, but nice soft spring "ego" bumps.

Plenty of snow left with very few bare spots. If they pushed some around, they could easily be open next weekend unless we have real warm weather.

But, the place was deserted....

Liberty looked like it was still completely covered when I looked at coming home on 15.

With Snowtime owning Lib, Whitetail and Roundtop, there is no incentive to stay open longer than anyone else.

sigh

But, I had a great day and skied with another instructor from Lib all day.
KevR
March 22, 2004
786 posts
Sounds like a great time really, wish I could've made it, dag it!!!

[Frown]
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 22, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Otto, nice idea. I think a number of us would enjoy a DCSki group ski/board gathering. Would you and/or Jim C. be up for one early next season at Liberty? Might be a good camaraderie builder as the season kicks off and good PR for Liberty too. If there was a successful response maybe we could get a group rate, then do another gathering at midseason? Is there a day and time you would suggest? This may be too far in advance to talk specifics, but I'll throw out Saturday or Sunday, Dec 18 or 19, 2004 for starters? Or would you prefer a weekday?
KevR
March 22, 2004
786 posts
Well how 'bout Scott just organizing a local happy hour somewhere. Like this friday, there's a DC Ski Club Happy Hour at Bailey's in Ballston Common 5:30-830pm.

OR just some other one sometime.

On the other hand, if it SKIING and it's THIS season, we'd have to do a bit of traveling...

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?