Snow Time Sunday February 8
10 posts
4 users
1k+ views
RodSmith
February 7, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
I'm planning a trip to one of the Snow Time resorts tomorrow. Which hill would you recommend? I'm looking for soft bumps and scantily clad women. I have a van if anyone wants to share a ride from the DC area. If you want to meet up on the hill, I'll bring a camera and get some nice pictures of you and video if you like.
Tucker
February 7, 2009
Member since 03/14/2005 🔗
893 posts
lol...oh I could think of atleast a dozen inapropriate comments but I won't..ok, maybe just one...are you offering candy with the Van ride?...just jokin
JohnL
February 7, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:
I'm looking for soft bumps and scantily clad women.

That would be Whitetail. Usually better later in the season and on a sunny day when the temps reach 60 or so. Exhibition can often live up to it's name. cool

I'm out sick today. If I feel better tomorrow, I'm planning on hitting up Whitetail. Don't count on me, since I'm not sure how long it will take to shake this cold.

PM me. I need to get your contact info for BK, anyway.
JohnL
February 7, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:
lol...oh I could think of atleast a dozen inapropriate comments but I won't..ok, maybe just one...are you offering candy with the Van ride?...just jokin

Wall to wall shag carpets with a custom sound system? j/k
RodSmith
February 7, 2009
318 posts
Forgot to add; "[censored], grass or cash, no one rides for free." smile

I totally didn't mean it that way ladies, don't be afraid to PM me. I won't take pictures if you're camera shy.
RodSmith
February 8, 2009
318 posts
Good call, JohnL. I went to Whitetail. The bumps were soft and a few tight sleeveless tops were sighted. Unfortunately, one of them, a zebra print number, was on a man (with long blonde hair in an updo, no less), and the topless skier was a guy too. frown

I ran into Bryan and Rich on my third run, a couple of the best local Telemarkers and they let me ski with them the rest of the day. Another local, Roger and his friend Steve joined us for a couple runs. Roger started Telemarking this year, I think, or maybe last year, a recent convert from snowboarding, who is coming along fast. He's faster than me already.
JohnL
February 8, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Rod,

Glad you enjoyed Whitetail; sorry for not contacting you, but I've been sleeping most of this weekend.

I'll sign up to be your wing man at the BK Epic/DCSki GTG; hopefully we'll avoid topless/zebra-topped guys.

Next to Timberline (and Whitegrass duh!), IMHO, Whitetail has the most impressive contingent of tele skiers in the Mid Atlantic. There are generally several skilled free heelers bashing the bumps on Exhibition. Did one of the guys you skied with today have an Elk Mtn sticker on his helmet?
RodSmith
February 8, 2009
318 posts
JohnL, That might be Nico, he has a lot of stickers on his helmet. I didn't see him today.

No worries about not calling. We would have found each other easily. It was not crowded at all, and we both have recognizable skiing styles. I think I could spot you from a distance. Hope you're feeling better soon.
TomH
February 9, 2009
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts
No, that's not Niko. I was out in the morning until around 11:30 and Niko was on Alpine. I forget that guys name but he's a good bump skier - he's a friend of Rich and Bryans. Must have just missed you Rod, had to leave early to go back to work but the bumps on Exhibition were good from the getgo. Looked for Rich and Bryan early but there were a couple of other Tele guys. If you ever ski at Timberline drop me a line and we can ski some runs - also good to meet new Tele friends.

Tom
RodSmith
February 9, 2009
318 posts
Niko and Brian, sorry for misspelling your names. The Elk Mt. skier may be a guy I met at Whitetail's Teleday. I forgot his name, unless it's Tom? Does he have white skis and white boots? I only visit Whitetail a couple of days each year. It's funny that I know people there. I almost feel like a regular. Says something about the camaraderie of Telemark skiers.

TomH, I don't make it out to Timberline often, but I'll send you a PM if I do. I'll be at Blue Knob Feb. 20, 21 for the DCSki/EpicSki challenge. Those will probably be the only remaining ski days for my 08-09 season.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?