Seven Springs Unmarked Runs
12 posts
2 users
2k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
I was wondering if anyone knows some good unmarked/Backcounrty runs at Seven Springs. I have found a few but not to many and enjoy something more challenging and out of the ordinary. I have been skiing this area for about 12 years and have just started looking into this. If you have any info, let me know.
(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
Backcountry at Seven Springs??? Please!!! There isn't one, as is the case for most if not all of the resorts in the mid-atlantic
(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
If anyone asks I never told you....if you get caught they will take your pass and most likely fine you...

All are off lost Girl trail...

Top the new Great Western Territory...Have to hug the right side to stay out of the brush.

Take lost girl all the way down...on the second half of the trail there is a 90 degree turn to the right. They build a big snow wall, can't miss it. You have to hike up to the left a bit behind the wall but you will find an old hiking trail that is narrow and steep.

(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
Nice one SpringsRegular! Sneaky! How far is the walk back to a chair?
(Anonymous)
January 30, 2004
Not far at all...probably 10 - 15 minutes Max.
(Anonymous)
February 3, 2004
You can also try Pipeline. At the end of village trail, where it turns left, duck the fence and follow the "pipline". Thigh deep powder there last weekend.

(Anonymous)
February 4, 2004
I have ridden that run a bunch of times, but thanks for the reply SpringsRegular.
(Anonymous)
February 4, 2004
and for Snow_Bored there is no walk back to lift
MRPLOW
February 9, 2004
Member since 12/23/2003 🔗
27 posts
Did most of these runs on Saturda. My favorite was at the end of the great western little trail. Ski over the small hump, then follow the path thru the woods , you'll go down a steep part, then a slightly graded flat area, followed by some more short turns thru the woods, this will drop you off at the lost girl trail, right before the big rock, at this turn, go around the out of bounds sign where you will find the old mining trail mentioned earlier.
MRPLOW
February 10, 2004
Member since 12/23/2003 🔗
27 posts
TEST
(Anonymous)
February 10, 2004
thanks again SpringsRegular, I'll check it out. Unfortunately it doesnt look like there will be too much fresh snow anytime soon. Hope the weather forcasts change.
(Anonymous)
February 10, 2004
Not sure about that, this past sunday was borderline epic. Skiers right of Goosebumps had knee deep on it for most of the day. More snow will come...proably be another week or so though.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?